Drunk Thinking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
I do not Know, can the increase of actelylcholine in your brain improve decision making? Or on the other hand, increased hormones deccrease decision making while drunk or under the influence? Discuss!

I wouldn't want to speculate about brain chemistry, but I really think it depends on the person. Christopher Hitches was renowned for going home after a heavy night and getting straight on the type writer and producing great work. Similar things can be said of Truman Capote, Dylan Thomas, William Burroughs and Hunter S Thompson. On the other hand I know more than one person that, at best, turn into ****-for-brains after a couple of drinks and, at worst, become obnoxious tossers. These people shouldn't drink.

I wouldn't want to speculate about brain chemistry, but I really think it depends on the person. Christopher Hitches was renowned for going home after a heavy night and getting straight on the type writer and producing great work. Similar things can be said of Truman Capote, Dylan Thomas, William Burroughs and Hunter S Thompson. On the other hand I know more than one person that, at best, turn into ****-for-brains after a couple of drinks and, at worst, become obnoxious tossers. These people shouldn't drink.

Exactly what I was thinking, seems to benefit the creative mind more so. Although without being at the keyboard or typewriter tend to slip away from memory in the morning when you've had a realisation or linked up a new idea to an old problem.

Although most of the writers mentioned were also known for being obnoxious tossers ...lol :lol:

I remember reading a little while ago that a bit of alcohol does improve creativity, but is less effective for doing anything with it, whereas coffee is the opposite (poor creativity, so good application).

So to get a project done, you need some light drinking to aid the creativity then, once the idea is nailed, a vat of coffee to get you through to the finish. Then an excessive amount of light drinking to celebrate completing it :thumb:

Back