selling vintage beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFB

Landlord.
Reaction score
A mate at work has a bottle of fuller's vintage ale 2006.
was given it as a leaving present from a fullers pub.
He thinks it's worth about £100 and would like to sell it but has no idea how.
Any thoughts?

i have a tin/bottle of courage Millennium ale for ebay if its fetching a �£100

beers however unlike spirits and wines dont generally mature with great age primarily as the authentic product is live containing yeast which has been chemically killed off in wines.

If anyone is interested it might be a packaging collector ??

it might hold some value to a tv/film companies props department but little more than a fiver i would expect

I've got a bottle of Fullers vintage, can't remember the exact date but it's early 2000s.

It does say on the box that though they're obliged by law to put a use by date on it, it'll be drinkable for many years to come. Personally though, I'm not so sure.

Edit: just checked, mine is 2003. £360 on the Fullers website :-o

I've got a bottle of Fullers vintage, can't remember the exact date but it's early 2000s.

It does say on the box that though they're obliged by law to put a use by date on it, it'll be drinkable for many years to come. Personally though, I'm not so sure.

2001 is going for 410 quid!!!

Not sure how well any hop flavour would last after a considerable time. However if their vintage ale is pasteurized then it's probably got a pretty long life.

I worry for the people that would seek these out - at that price why not learn to brew yourself or is they're market those with more money then sense

Just looked on the fullers site and they want 230 quid for that one! seriously who buys it??

Often no one. It's sometimes a marketing gimmick to convince people that they can keep it as an investment.

I've just checked my old stock at the back of the cupboard.

I have a bottle of Bass ale from 1997
A Courage Imperial Russian Stout from 1989
A can of Carling Black Label from 1989
A bottle of Thomas Hardy Ale from 1988 (hmmm, I meant to drink that one at the 25-year mark)
and some bottles of lager commemorating someone's retirement in 1987.

So should I drink them all on the same night so I won't know which one made me ill the next day?

I've just checked my old stock at the back of the cupboard.

I have a bottle of Bass ale from 1997
A Courage Imperial Russian Stout from 1989
A can of Carling Black Label from 1989
A bottle of Thomas Hardy Ale from 1988 (hmmm, I meant to drink that one at the 25-year mark)
and some bottles of lager commemorating someone's retirement in 1987.

So should I drink them all on the same night so I won't know which one made me ill the next day?

no doubt in this style over content world the carling will have the highest resale value ;)

Latest posts

Back