Reccomended beer - Thornbridge Jaipur IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Was in the Falcon at Clapham Junction the other day. More beers than you can shake a stick at! Seriously, there must have been at least 20 ales there.

Best one I tried was Jaipur IPA. Almost as good as homebrew. Well, almost.

jonewer said:
Was in the Falcon at Clapham Junction the other day. More beers than you can shake a stick at! Seriously, there must have been at least 20 ales there.

I need to try this beer.
Thornbridge Brewery.....Sheffield way, not too far from me :hmm:

It won one of the categories at the GBBF last year, there's a few places in London that have it on tap too. I've been working on a clone for the past couple of weeks and contacted brewlabs for a yeast ... they're sending me their 'suggestion' :D

I'll post the recipe here when I've finished working on it - I'd like some suggestions on it too if you're able!

:cheers:

markp said:
jonewer said:

I need to try this beer.
Thornbridge Brewery.....Sheffield way, not too far from me :hmm:

Nearer Bakewell, well at least thornbridge hall is where they used to brew, I think they have bigger premises now. Sheffield Tap on the train station is a very good place to get thornbridge and brew dog beers.

Tony said:
It won one of the categories at the GBBF last year, there's a few places in London that have it on tap too. I've been working on a clone for the past couple of weeks and contacted brewlabs for a yeast ... they're sending me their 'suggestion' :D

I'll post the recipe here when I've finished working on it - I'd like some suggestions on it too if you're able!

Quite citrusy. Probably some new world golding derivatives in there.
I forsee a trip the the peak district in the near future!

Yeah, I know for sure that the hops are Centennial, Ahtanum & Chinook .. I'm just refining the quantities and timings!

Vindiv8 said:
Sheffield Tap on the train station is a very good place to get thornbridge and brew dog beers.

That is dangerous information Vin as I can get there quite easily without driving :eek:
Mmmmmmm :hmm:

markp said:
Vindiv8 said:
Sheffield Tap on the train station is a very good place to get thornbridge and brew dog beers.

That is dangerous information Vin as I can get there quite easily without driving :eek:
Mmmmmmm :hmm:

So can I, it's a expensive place though, but well worth the visit. Nothing but real ales and proper lagers, you have never seen as many bottled beers. Everything is sold in the correct branded glass, even brew dog. Let me know how get on.

I tried a 1/2 of this the other week out of the wood in the coopers in burton, wasn't that impressed with it, very thin and citrusy, maybe i wasn't overstruck cos it hadn't gone through a sparkler or cos it was only a half, ( couldn't have any more was driving)

There may be a clone of it floating around on sat mark ;)

I'm not 100% sure but have a suspicion.

UP

Back