Kolsch yeast 2565

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
What temperature should I ferment this yeast at I seen people say 14 then raise to 20 after 4day also how long should I wait till transferring to secondary seen people suggest lagering kolsch can I do this in the keg for month or two and just have the first couple pints cloudy. Any advice much appreciated

What temperature should I ferment this yeast at I seen people say 14 then raise to 20 after 4day also how long should I wait till transferring to secondary seen people suggest lagering kolsch can I do this in the keg for month or two and just have the first couple pints cloudy. Any advice much appreciated

Not the same yeast - I used crossmyloof Kolsch yeast but fermented at 18 for 2 weeks and came out good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used this yeast in a kolsch a while back and used the Brulosophy quick lager method, so 5 days at 16°, then 5 days at 20°, then cold crashed for a few days with gelatin and it was crystal clear.

It's a really good yeast, I entered the kolsch in the NHC comp and scored well with it and I used the same yeast in a biere de garde which won me a silver medal.

Sounds good to me I'll do similar I'll do 7 days 16°c then 7 days 20°c then lager in a keg In my kegerator for at least a month as I'll be away on holidays then toll October. Lagering in the keg shouldn't be a problem should it bar first. Couple pints being cloudy

Back