BIAB Starter Kit (Peco Boiler, Chiller, Mashing bag, Mash Kit)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at this last night before going to work, thought that's a good buy. Came home this morning to order it and it's gone up.
Bugger! :doh:

Oh, not in the weekly special section it hasn't.
I'll get my order in quick with a few extras to use the postage.

I just bought this, with the hop strainer and a couple of AG mash kits. Really looking forward to making my first AG brew!

Really happy with mine having finished my first brew (the double ipa) a couple of hours ago.

Managed bang on the target OG of 1.060 and just over 20litres possibly could have got a bit more out of the "dead space".

Enjoy.

Good to hear wfr42. I was tempted by the double IPA, but went for the the Belgian triple and the Belgian dubble instead.

Oh, not in the weekly special section it hasn't.
I'll get my order in quick with a few extras to use the postage.

the weekly special offer has been running for 3 months that iam aware of.. lol :lol:

so i wouldnt worry :thumb:

the weekly special offer has been running for 3 months that iam aware of.. lol :lol:

so i wouldnt worry :thumb:

Oh well I've ordered it anyway but maybe I could have waited until it missed my next already hefty credit card statement then. :(
This seems a really good value way to start doing 23l all grain brews. I'll carry on doing smaller experimental brews on the stove in my stockpot but it's quite frustrating when you make a good beer and you've only got 15 or so bottles of it (which come to think of it has been every brew so far :hmm:)
I too was tempted by both the Double IPA and the Belgian Tripple, to get maximum bang for buck, but wanted something not quite so strong and a little more everyday drinkable so decided the Apollo Mashkit looked interesting. I then got a bit carried away ordering more Pale Malt, a few hops (I've got a rediculous number of different hops now ) and a range of those lovely bright coloured bottle caps at half the price my local shop charges for boring gold ones.

Oh well I've ordered it anyway but maybe I could have waited until it missed my next already hefty credit card statement then. :(
This seems a really good value way to start doing 23l all grain brews. I'll carry on doing smaller experimental brews on the stove in my stockpot but it's quite frustrating when you make a good beer and you've only got 15 or so bottles of it (which come to think of it has been every brew so far :hmm:)
I too was tempted by both the Double IPA and the Belgian Tripple, to get maximum bang for buck, but wanted something not quite so strong and a little more everyday drinkable so decided the Apollo Mashkit looked interesting. I then got a bit carried away ordering more Pale Malt, a few hops (I've got a rediculous number of different hops now ) and a range of those lovely bright coloured bottle caps at half the price my local shop charges for boring gold ones.

I have the Peco kit too and have been using it for the last 9 months with great results. The Hobblewobble mash kit which came with it was really good.

However, once you've tried a kit or possibly 2 I would consider doing your own recipes or those taken from a book. The Greg Hughes book for instance has loads of really great tried and tested recipes and you would probably be able to buy the book and the ingredients for your first attempt at a recipe for the same price as a mash kit. After that you're on a winner.

Looks like you've already started to put together some ingredients for your next brew though. Good luck with it :thumb:

Just cleaning my peco boiler ready for tomorrows brew and noticed the gauge on the outside is will out. Poured 15l from my FV and it came as 17l in the peco boiler. I tested the FV with another FV and they are both correct. Big difference.

Just cleaning my peco boiler ready for tomorrows brew and noticed the gauge on the outside is will out. Poured 15l from my FV and it came as 17l in the peco boiler. I tested the FV with another FV and they are both correct. Big difference.

Interesting, I'll check mine out when it arrives. Have you checked the total capacity of it to see if that is out too? I've seen it variously written as 32l or 33l.

Latest posts

Back