Belgian Candi sugar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some crystalised honey which i heated on a very low heat. Cant remember how long exactly but about 5 minutes i think. I actually forgot about it and came back and it was very dark. I though i had ruined it until i had a taste. I wonder if it might be a nice addition for a pale ale.

Sounds like it would go nice in a bitter

Just about finished brewing my Belgian Tripel and I went with bog standard table sugar.
Fingers crossed.
Nothing to worry about. My first tripel was also with table sugar. I used a couple of times standard sugar. Never had any off tastes. What is your percentage of sugar?

Nothing to worry about. My first tripel was also with table sugar. I used a couple of times standard sugar. Never had any off tastes. What is your percentage of sugar?

Cripes now your asking :whistle: I've put in 114 grams of sugar into my 1 gallon (US gallon that is) brew and if I'm being honest I have no earthly idea on how to work out the percentage :-?

Your percentage os sugar is with respect to the malt bill. But since it is for 1 gallon, I did an approximation using Brewtarget, and it seems that your percentage should be around 7%. This is very good. My first tripel used 13% Golden Syrup, another one had also 13% sugar, and my English style strong ales contain around 10%.

Don't worry, have a homebrew! ;-)

Your percentage os sugar is with respect to the malt bill. But since it is for 1 gallon, I did an approximation using Brewtarget, and it seems that your percentage should be around 7%. This is very good. My first tripel used 13% Golden Syrup, another one had also 13% sugar, and my English style strong ales contain around 10%.

Don't worry, have a homebrew! ;-)

Thanks for the explanation. It appears my percentage of sugar comes out at 8.7%.
:thumb:

Here goes my take on a Belgian Tripel, I'll post in a couple of weeks if it's any good
20170828_182320.jpg

Bottled with bog standard table sugar

The whole 5 bottles got drank over the weekend to overwhelming praise from both my wife and my son. Guess it must have been OK.

Personally, I'll make it again as it was very tasty, good mouthfeel and head retention, overall I'm very pleased with the result :thumb:

Back