ebay wort chiller. .

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I've been looking at wort chillers and found one on eBay. .it's 10 mm pipe 8m long with 1 m hose attachments with the hose lock fittings... £37 Inc delivery....would this be OK for my 15 l pot?

Cheers

Clint

Last edited:
you can buy the piping from b&q or any other diy place
plus the garden hose connections it works out about £10-£15 cheaper this way

£37 plus free postage am i wrong in thinking he cannot be making much on these?
Depends on where or how he's sourcing his pipe.10m of 10mm is £20 at screwfix which would give 2 decent chillers with around 8 coils on each.
As handy and cheaper to make them yourself but worth buying if don't have tools or knowhow.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I may have a bash at this.... £20 for the pipe and I've got all the other bits....
5 litre paint tins are excellent or a pot.Make your first leg and place vertically up through the handle to give you a fixing point then gently turn the pot/tin and a second pair of hands may come in useful.

I refused to pay £40 plus on a worth chiller so made my own with £20 of 10mm copper pipe and wrapped it round an old paint tin. The good thing about making your own as well is that you can get the dimensions right for your own kit.

20170413_173617.jpg

Hello all
I've been out earlier looking for some copper etc to make a chiller. Found the copper in wickes..10m x 10mm for around £20...however I took the copper to the hosepipe section just to see what sort of fit the copper was into a standard hose. ...there's quite a bit of room..the internal diameter being listed as around 12.5 mm. I asked someone working there about securing with jubilee clips and he said it wouldn't be any good. So now wanting to have any bother with it I'm looking for further advice..I've seen 10mm internal diameter hose online that would be a tighter fit but then may struggle to make the connection to standard hosepipe fittings. I've also seen ones with just the jubilee clips holding the tube on and another that advises putting a bit of ptfe tape on the copper to ensure a seal.
I'm now mentally exhausted and in need of liquid brain power....
What's the best way?

Cheers

Clint

I think he is taking the mick 2.5 mm is nothing and i have seen many a member post pictures with jubilee clips doing their thing successfully (enlarge the picture below for a perfect example).

GEB0381.jpg

Hello all
I've been out earlier looking for some copper etc to make a chiller. Found the copper in wickes..10m x 10mm for around £20...however I took the copper to the hosepipe section just to see what sort of fit the copper was into a standard hose. ...there's quite a bit of room..the internal diameter being listed as around 12.5 mm. I asked someone working there about securing with jubilee clips and he said it wouldn't be any good. So now wanting to have any bother with it I'm looking for further advice..I've seen 10mm internal diameter hose online that would be a tighter fit but then may struggle to make the connection to standard hosepipe fittings. I've also seen ones with just the jubilee clips holding the tube on and another that advises putting a bit of ptfe tape on the copper to ensure a seal.
I'm now mentally exhausted and in need of liquid brain power....
What's the best way?

Cheers

Clint
2.5mm would only give 1.25mm gap between circumference of copper and hose.Use a cable tie if you can't get a clip but the clips usually screw down to around 6mm so he's definitely taking the Mick on that.

Latest posts

Back