Mauribrew Ale 514 Yeast 12.5g Best before June 16

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think @LarryF is keen on his heat tolerant yeast strains so may be interested in this

Thanks for the heads up MQ, appreciated. I stocked up on Mauri brew 514 and MGJ M20 Workhorse last month not wanting to get caught short when the hot weather kicks in (so it kicks in early and catches me out anyway). The 514 for 65p is a great deal and landing at this time of year is a real result, especially when you can re-pitch from it 3 or even 4 times with no problem.Theoretically you could brew for the whole summer for £2.60, we don't often see deals that good with HBing. I'll switch to one of the hot weather yeasts on Saturday when I turn it all over, I've been watching my re-pitched S04 ranging from 23-24.9c over the last week hoping I'm just creeping in under its temperature ceiling. On the subject MQ, what was the other hot weather yeast you recommend a short while ago? Also, have you been using your cool brewing bag during the hot spell? If so how's it been going?

Thanks for the heads up MQ, appreciated. I stocked up on Mauri brew 514 and MGJ M20 Workhorse last month not wanting to get caught short when the hot weather kicks in (so it kicks in early and catches me out anyway). The 514 for 65p is a great deal and landing at this time of year is a real result, especially when you can re-pitch from it 3 or even 4 times with no problem.Theoretically you could brew for the whole summer for �£2.60, we don't often see deals that good with HBing. I'll switch to one of the hot weather yeasts on Saturday when I turn it all over, I've been watching my re-pitched S04 ranging from 23-24.9c over the last week hoping I'm just creeping in under its temperature ceiling. On the subject MQ, what was the other hot weather yeast you recommend a short while ago? Also, have you been using your cool brewing bag during the hot spell? If so how's it been going?

I think that how weather yeast was a new one called hothead http://www.omegayeast.com/portfolio/14158-2/ you can get it from BrewUK iirc.

Yes, I've been using my brew bag recently. The past couple of brews have been 5L stove toppers. I've noticed with these smaller brew lengths that the brew bag is EVEN MORE effective. Usually I find it takes 2L of ice to drop the temp by 1C inside the bag. With the 5L brews it only takes 1L of ice to drop the temp in the bag 1C. I fermented my last First Gold pale ale at 16C. The ambient temp in my kitchen was about 21C. I've just today taken delivery of my first ever sack of 25kg pale malt. I'm going to do a bitter tomorrow using the Gales yeast strain I've been culturing up. I'm going to of course use the brew bag and aim for about 16C again

Latest posts

Back