vienna and pils malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerlad

Reaction score
I have 2kg of Vienna and 2 kg of pils malt and am looking for recipe suggestions,I have loads of adjunct malts to add to this grain bill,I have hopwise.....sorachi ace,perle,fuggles,styrian eureka and bobek also got candi sugar if a Belgian style is suggested ,just trying to use last of my grain before I restock. Cheers lagerlad

My twopenneth: Both the base malts, 5% carapils or wheat malt. Bitter with Perle to about 25 IBU and flavour to taste with the Styrian and the Bobek. Ferment with S-05 or similar. Should make a good lager/pale ale crossover.

Try a saison. Sorachi is always nice in a saison. I did one with 3kg Pilsner and 1kg Vienna and it was lovely.

Choices,choices all sound good but can't lager at moment as fermenting fridge has stout in at 18c and have no saison yeast so the pale ale it will probably be,thanks for getting back to me so quick folks hoping to brew tomorrow cheers lagerlad

How does this sound
Pilsner malt 2kg
Vienna malt 2 kg
Wheat malt 200g

Perle 50g @60. 3.9%
Eureka 25g@10. 9.9%
Bobek 25g@0. 5.2%

That would be 41.54ibus and 4.53%
Should I change the order or timing of the hops,I also have hops left should I dry hop,any advice appreciated cheers lagerlad

The malt bill looks perfect to me.

I think that 41.54 IBU in an ale that would be about 4.5%/20 litres would be too much for me, but look back in your recipes to see what you like the most. If you have 50g Perle that you want to use up then consider bringing it forward to 30 mins or whatever brings down the IBU into the range you enjoy the most.

I like your timings for the Styrians; they're so flavoursome I could eat them right out of the packet and Bobek's a good one for dry hopping if you have any left over.

I have 100 g of perle and 50g each of eureka and bobek if you can suggest a better hop bill,not too used to making up recipes I usually just follow a tried and tested from a book or online

Well all done to the above recipe so hope it turns out good,still open to dry hop suggestions tasted sample should turn out well thanks again everyone lagerlad

Latest posts

Back