Brubox

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen an advert for Brubox, has anyone used them or are they overpriced for what you get?

http://www.brubox.co/

I would say overpriced for what you get. The equipment for 1 gallon all grain batches can be had very cheaply. Most of it you will already have around the home. Wilkos will sell the rest. The ingredients kits cost £16 including postage which isn't much cheaper than a 5 gallon kit from somewhere like the Homebrew Company. If you buy grains and hops individually rather than in a pre-made kit then it will be even cheaper, although I appreciate that some people like the convenience of a pre-measured kit.

40 quid for a gallon noooooo!!!!!!! that's not why we homebrew..

Very overpriced.. source the ingredients for even the hoppiest beer and you will be able to brew a gallons more for the cash..

if one gallon is your brew limit on the stove top, and you really like the convenience of the kit format, you can buy a standard 5 gallon ag brew kit and simply divide the ingredients by five when you brew up.. (the savings on your first buy will pay for a £5-10 set of drug dealers sorry jewelers scales to divide up the hops with.. ) Hops will keep in the freezer and grain just needs to be kept dry n cool, just mix up the grains well before splitting up.

Looks like the Brooklyn Brew shop kits - I think if you're brand new to brewing, no nothing about what equipment you need or how to do anything, then it's probably an okay place to start. I think they can cash in on the 'look you too can make an all-grain beer'.
I wonder what the statistics are for people who continue with the small scale stove top brewing, how many continue brewing by scaling up and getting more equipment or for people who think, 'man, I did so much work for 8 bottles of beer, this hobby is not for me'.

Yes and that's without the bottles. ��£65 including the bottles and caps. :eek: Bloody hell!

£65.00 down from £77.00 :shock:

gggggg.jpg

Latest posts

Back