Recipe advice please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich1985

Reaction score
Hi all,

So myself and my friend are going to be experimenting with a Maxi BIAB brew at the weekend (20l from a 19l pot with two sparges). We want to make an APA but not really sure what grain to use. We were thinking a bill of 4.5kilos. We gave already bought 100g of citra and 200g of 7 c's to pair it with.

I already have 1.5kg of caramalt and .5kg of cara red. How about using 3.5kg of maris otter with 1kg of caramalt.

Also if anyone has any suggestions as to when to drop the hops in feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Sorry if this is too late, but a kilo of caramalt sounds way too much in an APA to me, I'd probably use half that at most and up the MO to 4kg.
As for the hops, add enough of the 7C to get about 50 IBUS, then an addition at 10 mins, 5 mins, 0 mins and maybe a dry hop.
Do you use any recipe software? Brewmate or Brewer's Friend are good, and free.

Hi there!

In the end we went three of maris otter, 2 of carapils and .250g of caramalt. Got some advice from our local brew shop. Fermenting away now so will see how it turns out. 7 c's is a mixture of all the hops beginning with c: e.g. citra and cascade!

Hi there!

In the end we went three of maris otter, 2 of carapils and .250g of caramalt. Got some advice from our local brew shop. Fermenting away now so will see how it turns out. 7 c's is a mixture of all the hops beginning with c: e.g. citra and cascade!
Am I reading that correct, that you used 2kg of carapils??

Hi there!

:-o:-o:-o

Which brew shop recommended that?

Back