AG50 RIPa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would appear that the cold crash and gelatin have done nothing to improve the clarity, and it's still actually nowhere near carbed, I had to pour quite vigorously to get that head on it.
There's loads of flavour, not as juicy as the other one, but very rich. The bitterness is higher than the previous one but actually a lot smoother, it doesn't have the slight harshness that I could pick up in the other. I'm guessing this is maybe due to the high sulphate content in this one.
A little alcohol in the finish, but not unpleasant. When properly carbed I think this will be fairly decent.

Looks great ! :D Love my dipa Murky

Looks great, you think leaving in the bottle a little longer will help then?

I'll drink it whenever you tell me to :)

I tried one of these tonight and I think it's pretty much carbed up, I purposefully kept the carbonation fairly light, so it should be ready to go. I'm happy with it, probably the best IPA I've made.

I tried one of these tonight and I think it's pretty much carbed up, I purposefully kept the carbonation fairly light, so it should be ready to go. I'm happy with it, probably the best IPA I've made.

Good stuff, it just arrived now, looking forward to it.

I'm trying not to drink midweek but might make an exception tonight, if not I'll crack it open on Friday.

:thumb:

31908157564_875215d4b2.jpg

Just cracked this open, thought I'd put it in a glass from the North East as it's a NE IPA.

Will say I am pretty terrible at identifying flavours but I'll try.

Aroma is citrus, sweet caramel and loads of pineapple. Taste is similar, rich caramel to start then a hit of pineapple, with a slight but not unpleasant burn, followed by a nice bitterness.

Overall very nice, would say it is better than some of the IPAs the bigger Craft Breweries are putting out for sure. It reminds me a lot of The London Beer Factory's Swashbuckler IPA.

Great work @strange-steve, just hope I can make beer as nice as this now! Ha

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back