Finsbury Park Mosque

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have prayed for every one of my brews since the Czech Pilsner disaster that we do not speak of (30 degree ferment didn't help) and they have all been spot on, just shows you eh?
My Inkbird may have helped a little 😉

It isn't, but I find it a bit of a joke how people do moral acrobatics trying to make out that all religions are as bad or as good as one another.

But I do agree -

'People like to think that personal morality is informed by religion, when it seems to me that it's the other way round: people interpretate their religion in a way that suits their personal morality.'

Because judging by what we know about a certain prophet, people who consider him the 'perfect man' are on the whole still good people.

I could go a lot further, but if I do then terrym will just get the thread shut down.

I don't think anyone's trying to deny that at this particular point in time we have a particular problem with Islamist terrorism. But I confess that it does irritate me no end when people try and pretend that we don't have any problems with any other religions.

And I maintain that it is overly simplistic to simply assume that the problem is Islam in and of itself. As mentioned, many factors go into making a terrorist; if it were as simple as "devout Muslim = terrorist" then there would be a damn sight more of them.

What we should do is ban religion, then a terrorist attack can be labelled for what it is - terrorism - without having to attach a religion to it. Maybe then all the good people amongst us might get on a little better.

What we should do is ban religion, then a terrorist attack can be labelled for what it is - terrorism - without having to attach a religion to it. Maybe then all the good people amongst us might get on a little better.

A great idea but the government haven't even got the balls to shut faith schools.

I would have given you a 'like' for this but I only saw the first Star Wars and I couldn't make head nor tail of it!

First Star Wars was more or less like real life.

A power mad eejit spends a fortune building something ...

... someone leaves a gaping hole in the system ...

... a young lad manages to blow it up!

In real life think "Government Computer Systems" and "Hacking by Dweebs". :thumb:

Last week a festival celebrating Eid in the west end of Newcastle was abandoned in tragic circumstances after one of the women accidentally lost control of her car and hit 6 people. One child is critically ill, and we fear the worst.

The images of the people sprinting away were awful. In the moment, those not immediately close to the scene didn't realise it was an accident. The sense of fear is palpable. I'm sure all of our thoughts go out to the injured victims of this tragedy.

I raise this, just to point out that fear is what terrorism is all about. That welsh headbanger was a terrorist.

Back