newbie help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphie

Reaction score
made a lot of wine but not tried a brew for thirty years, made it up Friday lunch time loose lid on bucket, it was bubbling away by teatime checked it Sunday night and it has slowed right down, just checked the SG and its at 1010 gave it a stir and will check it again tomorrow to see if it has moved, room is approx 20c, my question is has it stuck or is it complete??? .....thanks in advance.

Sounds like a vigorous fermentation which is good.

Is it a wine you're fermenting?

When I did wines I found they slowed down near the end of fermentation.

I wouldn't worry, let it be :thumb:

OOOPPPsss!! no its not wine, my mistake ,, its a Wilko lager cerveza with enhancer

Oh! FG of 1010 sounds lime It's pretty much done. Beer won't finish much lower than that.

But, give it at least another week before you touch it to let the yeast clean up after itself

you don't feel the speed of fermentation is an issue then? thats my overriding concern it just seems very quick to me...thank you for your help by the way..

As lomg as the beer didn't go over 22c or so, It's fine. But that is presuming its an ale yeast and not a lager yeast... I'm unsure what yeast comes with that kit.

Back