Both elements failed, can I salvage this beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbell

Reaction score
Today was not a good brew day. Both my kettle elements cut out at different points. The first stopped working during the mashout (this one had cut out before so I really should have changed it already), and the 2nd with only 15mins left on the boil.

I didn't have any other way to boil that much wort, so I just sanitized a bucket and transferred all of it in. I'm planning to replace both elements on Sunday, do you think this beer will be salvageable?

Should I just simply bring it back up to the boil and then continue the last 15mins as planned? I was just about to start a some big additions of Pacifica and Nelson Sauvin, and had planned to do a hop stand as well, so there was only a 15g 60min addition of Magnum in the boil when it failed.

Has anyone else successfully salvaged a beer in a similar situation? Just looking for some reassurance really!

Not had to do this myself but I can't see why you can't bring back to the boil and finish off.

Latest posts

Back