London Learner!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishH

Reaction score
Evening all! First time brewing (3 days in) but have used this forum a lot in the lead up. Looking forward to getting plenty of expert advice and some good chats!

Plenty of good advice on here, been a massive help to me. What are you brewing? Has it gone well so far?

Plenty of good advice on here, been a massive help to me. What are you brewing? Has it gone well so far?

Just a basic starter kit. American IPA by Youngs. Struggling with temperature at the moment, I think, first two days was a range of 16-18, occasionally pushing 22 when home and heating on etc...

That's a good one to start with. My first kit was the Young's American Amber back in June which turned out really well. I've now done about 15 different brews, the last four or so being all grain.

I've got similar temperature changes as you at the moment so will just have to wait and see what effect this has. I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree to try and get a cheap fridge to use as a brew fridge.

That's a good one to start with. My first kit was the Young's American Amber back in June which turned out really well. I've now done about 15 different brews, the last four or so being all grain.

I've got similar temperature changes as you at the moment so will just have to wait and see what effect this has. I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree to try and get a cheap fridge to use as a brew fridge.

That's a good shout actually. Must keep an eye on Gumtree and Schpock. Althought the fact I am in London, I am of course always stuck for space so for now its going to be extract for the time being. :-?

Latest posts

Back