Brewing classes?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishH

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a first time brewer and have always had a keen interest in it, although not starting for years! I have done some light research about taking some courses on the basics and was wondering if anyone had any tips or could point me in the right direction!?

Thanks!

I started AG a few months ago. I found Youtube very useful for watching the process, and this forum really reassuring and helpful when doubting myself (or just plain green /inexperienced/stupid). But my biggest learning tool is brew day.

You're in the right place.Its up to you which direction you shall choose as there is plenty of tutorials and advice on this forum to almost any conceivable way to brew beer ( legally).Just have a good search through the forum and ask as many questions as you can.We've all been there.
PS welcome to the forum.

Sent from my ALE-L21

as above, you tube and this forum, good luck and feel free to ask any questions, the guys on here are really helpful,so am i :-?am, but dont know anything

The hardest part is getting your head around some of the terminology and then the actual processes.
Ask away, folks will oblige.

I agree with the above: checkout youtube - LOTS of videos on every topic to do with home brewing.

The hardest part is getting your head around some of the terminology and then the actual processes.
Ask away, folks will oblige.

Too right!! lol
I forgot everything after 30 years plus of homebrewing due to illness.
Getting there slowly.
This forum is the tops, I feel I'm not cheet an idiot and some know I battle with even the basic understanding.
All said n done, if I forgot something or get frustrated I ask...normally once I get the answer in my tiny brain it's great lol
Having a disibilty isn't so bad!! I get there..enjoying what I learn and a hobby keeps me the brain cells left going haha!
Welcome and enjoy it

Welcome to the forum

I have put together a short guide on 'AG in your kitchen' that you may find of interest. Essentially it follows one of my brew days with some basic DIY kit.

Appreciate you may be short on space but just pm me an email address and I will send a copy across.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum

I have put together a short guide on 'AG in your kitchen' that you may find of interest. Essentially it follows one of my brew days with some basic DIY kit.

Appreciate you may be short on space but just pm me an email address and I will send a copy across.

Cheers

Could you provide a link? (for the group)

As others have said, this forum is a great place to get specific questions answered.

I'd also recommend Jon Palmer's book which covers off a lot of information and is surprisingly readable.

Hi all,

I am a first time brewer and have always had a keen interest in it, although not starting for years! I have done some light research about taking some courses on the basics and was wondering if anyone had any tips or could point me in the right direction!?

Thanks!

+1 for YouTube.
As has already been said there are numerous approaches & methods to brewing beer. Research as much as you can on YouTube & on here, decide which method suits you & gather your equipment.
On brew day it's a good idea to have in your head exactly what you are going to do through the various steps.
Another good tip is to write out a brew sheet so you don't forget anything. Detailing each step with any important info.
Good luck with it:thumb:

I've learnt through YouTube, this forum, other forums, reading blogs and sites, reading books. I have taught home brew classes with the Home Brew Depot, they do lessons around London if that's your area, and even though I don't work with them anymore, I can recommend them.

Anyway, probably best to start off watching videos and if you have specific questions, just ask them here.

Back