Brewnight: Blueberry TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah - only did a 5l batch so going steady. I'll whack one in the fridge tomorrow though and sample over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the last of my strawberry and lime from July..

Was cracking, definitely going to do another batch of this next !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I found the last of my strawberry and lime from July..

Was cracking, definitely going to do another batch of this next !

Awesome and good willpower ! - I'm holding a batch of that back for Xmas . Got a box full that looks longingly at me every time I walk by !!

Altho the blueberry stuff is flat, it's growing on me... 5 bottles tonight and pretty gassed 😀

Altho the blueberry stuff is flat, it's growing on me... 5 bottles tonight and pretty gassed [emoji3]

Good effort ! I'm not going crack one now until Xmas ! Hopefully ......

OK so here goes... nearly finished this lot but still pretty flat... think the yeast got tired

[ame]https://vimeo.com/195215599[/ame]

Nah pretty flat

BTW coughing noises were on the TV (watching Leon)

Not sure what went wrong with that one apart from leaving it for longer than normal in primary... but it was only a week longer 😞

Not sure what went wrong with that one apart from leaving it for longer than normal in primary... but it was only a week longer [emoji20]

Would you make it again mate ? Do it different ?
I only did a small 5l batch so I bottle primed but was thinking of a 25l.

I bottled up my mulled cider yesterday 25l and bottle primed - but what a mare !!!

G'day Roddy.

I don't think leaving it longer in the FV is the problem. I've left some of my ciders in the FV for weeks when I've been busy.
They've always primed up OK. Uh, well too well the other day. Had some bottle bombs.
Luckily in a cupboard in the garage. No harm done.

Would you make it again mate ? Do it different ?
I only did a small 5l batch so I bottle primed but was thinking of a 25l.

I bottled up my mulled cider yesterday 25l and bottle primed - but what a mare !!!

Yeh I would do, I'd probably make it a shade weaker ABV wise, mine was about 5.9% and because it's so juice like - I got hammered super fast, and it has some of those handy blackout qualities too :) I'd make it again but lessen the AJ a little to bring it down to 5%ish

I could drink it more slowly, but where's the fun in that :mrgreen:

def concentrate harder on the priming next time, you want to get into batch priming !!

Yeh I would do, I'd probably make it a shade weaker ABV wise, mine was about 5.9% and because it's so juice like - I got hammered super fast, and it has some of those handy blackout qualities too :) I'd make it again but lessen the AJ a little to bring it down to 5%ish

I could drink it more slowly, but where's the fun in that :mrgreen:

def concentrate harder on the priming next time, you want to get into batch priming !!

I have noticed since making this in my short period that unlike commercial beer wine or cider these ones sneak up on you rendering you useless before you know it !!

Lovely taste , light and fresh. Gassy when poured but must admit it did lose its fizz fairly swiftly after.

Hello again

Been leaving these for a bit as I wasn't very impressed with the lack of fizz are the start...

Much better after a couple of months in the bottle though 😀

[ame]https://vimeo.com/198747305[/ame]

Ah, you can't beat the sound of that fizz !
Lovely sound effect too as it neared the top of the glass - how do you get the cider to do that ?

Latest posts

Back