Real lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernaaard

Reaction score
Taking advantage of the cold weather, and having somewhere I can brew in low temps.

Have already done a Geordie Lager that is in the 2nd FV for a week. But, I heard somewhere on here that it came with an ale yeast that brews at low temps.

I also think I read that Youngs Harvest Lager kit comes with a genuine lager yeast. So before I take advantage of Tesco's offer can anyone verify this as I would love to do the proper thing.

Coopers European comes with a true lager yeast, I normally do it this time of year taking advantage of the cold temps.

I had to pour away a whole batch of that - tasted horrible! Did a Mexican Cerveza kit at the same time (subbing the yeast for Lager yeast) that was fine so was nowt to do with the temp in the brew fridge.

I had to pour away a whole batch of that - tasted horrible! Did a Mexican Cerveza kit at the same time (subbing the yeast for Lager yeast) that was fine so was nowt to do with the temp in the brew fridge.

I haven't done the Coopers European lager yet. I believe it says on the instructions to store for 3 months before drinking. A few people have said it's horrible and has a rotten egg spell. But yes it does come with a Lager yeast and apparently does come good.

I did a Morgans (Aussie brand owned by Coopers) lager and that tasted horrible too. It's going to sit on the shelf until April or so, when I'll try it.

It's summer here. Already high 20's. Even though I have two fermenting fridges I think I'll leave brewing a lager till the winter. Then it'll be ready for next Christmas.

My cooper's European tasted fine when bottled, maybe it's the Scottish water

Sent from my HT7 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back