Beaverdale Nebiolo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDog

Regular.
Reaction score
-Made 30/03/17, SG = 1.092. Made in large FV bucket, with loose fitted lid. Water (tap) was drawn off 24 hrs in advance in another FV.
-As I intending to rack at 1.010, checked gravity after 5 days as per instructions, but was still 1.026.
-Left 2 further days, but had dropped to 1.006, but still racked off the sediment into youngs plastic FV under airlock. Should have tried after 1 day.
-Finished after 16 days 15/04, 0.994. No movement for days.
-Transferred back to FV bucket, and degassed for 24 hrs. Lid on tight, and shook/swirled until it the gas was gone. SG now 0.992. Does the fiz give an inaccurate reading I wonder?
-Added finings as instructed, over 2 days.
-Bottled 21/4

First taste is today, 29/05, I'd intended on waiting longer but I was tempted as @richytrue said it was great after a month and he's right. This is the first wine Ive made that tastes like I've bought it from a shop.

Tastes young, but its very impressive for £38 a batch.

Plan on trying a bottle in another month minimum.

excellent. I have one of these still in the box as have a CC Nebbiolo on the go. I intended to rack at 1.010 but at only 7 days in it has hit 0.992. Must be the warm weather Arghh! so much for getting it off the yeast early. :lol:

excellent. I have one of these still in the box as have a CC Nebbiolo on the go. I intended to rack at 1.010 but at only 7 days in it has hit 0.992. Must be the warm weather Arghh! so much for getting it off the yeast early. :lol:

Haha so it's finished!

I put a Beaverdale shiraz on just now, heard good things. I bet I can't tell the difference

Haha so it's finished!

I put a Beaverdale shiraz on just now, heard good things. I bet I can't tell the difference

Finished? It is telling me to leave it for 12 days now. I have racked it from FV into glass dj. No sign of any activity unless the lock is letting by. Will take sg over the next few days and if it does not move will press on.

The experiment continues, @richytrue had one after x2 months in the bottle and said its still lovely, no nicer than @ 1 month, but slightly dryer and less sweet.

Got 11 bottles left after give-aways (we split the x28) so will not try any more until x3 months in the bottle.

Back