Diane Abbott: My views on IRA, like my hair, have changed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. But you cant expect to post controversial things like you did and not be challenged on it

Mash on, 10 minutes to go - a simple bitter hopped with Fuggles and EKG! Anyways what's controversial about wanting equality and a level playing field? All these groups whining and wailing "look at us we're different" ain't doing themselves any favours. Quite the opposite,in fact.

Anyways what's controversial about wanting equality and a level playing field? All these groups whining and wailing "look at us we're different" ain't doing themselves any favours. Quite the opposite,in fact.

That's a self-defeating argument.

Mash on, 10 minutes to go - a simple bitter hopped with Fuggles and EKG! Anyways what's controversial about wanting equality and a level playing field? All these groups whining and wailing "look at us we're different" ain't doing themselves any favours. Quite the opposite,in fact.

I do a love a bitter. What yeast are you using?

I completely agree with equality of opportunity. There's a difference between, 'Look at us we're different' and celebrating it, and 'Look at us we're different, give us stuff because we are' and another difference between 'Look at them over there, lets give them less stuff than everyone else because their different'

The playing field isn't always level though. At times it's needs levelling out a bit. But its how you go about doing it thats important. As we've discussed one way proposed is positive discrimination which turned out to be a terrible way of doing this 'leveling' but there are may other ways to go about it

I can appreciate there are certain times where equality is selective and as someone who is pro equality I do find that can be a little frustrating myself. But your original comment was odd because there was nobody being repressed or unequaled by it..

Anyway enjoy your brew day

I do a love a bitter. What yeast are you using?

I completely agree with equality of opportunity. There's a difference between, 'Look at us we're different' and celebrating it, and 'Look at us we're different, give us stuff because we are' and another difference between 'Look at them over there, lets give them less stuff than everyone else because their different'

My new fave - Crossmyloof US Pale! Anyways I respect your ( and everone else's ) opinion but I'm gonna leave it that cos, well y'know.

I think we're all pretty much saying the same thing, any discrimination is bad.

The problem as I see it is the people who say its ok to discriminate as long as you discriminate against the people we think you should discriminate against.

I think we're all pretty much saying the same thing, any discrimination is bad.

The problem as I see it is the people who say its ok to discriminate as long as you discriminate against the people we think you should discriminate against.

But if the system has inherent, systemic discriminatory characteristics, underpinned, encouraged, and enforced.....then summat has to be considered to straighten the table.

Can people agree with that as a fundamental, humanist principle?

After the success of Labour I bet it wont be long before we see the return of DA after here temporary 'sick' leave of abscence

Let's hope not, she has some problem and needs replacing.

Latest posts

Back