Biere de garde at lidl

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serum

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone who reads my posts will know I spend a good bit of time banging on about Biere De Garde. This style of beer is nearly impossible to find in the UK but Lidl is selling some at a very reasonable price so I thought I'd give you all a heads up.

They're doing champagne bottles of Blond de Ch'Nord from Brasserie Gayant for £2.49. It's a decent enough example of the blond variety and well worth a pop at that price.

This is what it looks like:

ChNord.jpg

They had it in my local in SE London and my brother picked it up in Aberdeen so it seems to be widely available. I found it in a French food section rather than the beer bit. They had a few decent Belgian beers there too for £1.25 a go too and a lot more ale than they've had on previous visits. It seems they're upping their beer game!

For me it's also a very good way of getting champagne bottles to use for my beer. These ones are pretty sturdy.

Yeah and I've got this stand up corking machine. I can try to find a link if you want one. Malt Miller sells the corks and cages.

Yeah and I've got this stand up corking machine. I can try to find a link if you want one. Malt Miller sells the corks and cages.
Yes please - I've only got a twin-handled corker, last time I tried to cork one like this all that happened was both I and the air around me turned blue....

They weren't in the usual beer section, they were in a bit full of french food but the beers in my local are always spread all over the place.

Picked up 4 earlier. Just cracked one open. Tastes nixes, a bit like leffe. I think it's a grower.
This stuff ones a bit more Belgian style than some bdgs, definitely some wheat in there. I hope they get more different ones in. Might have to pick some more up on the way home tonight.

Nipped into my local Lidl for some yesterday but it was sold out. Any idea if they are getting more in or is a one-off related to the French promo they seem to be doing?

As luck would have it they still had a few boxes full so I picked up 6 more.

None in my local Lidl, unfortunately, though they had Blanche de Namur and Bornem Blonde at £1.39 a bottle!

Latest posts

Back