Taking ages!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFB

Landlord.
Reaction score
I started a Joes ancient mead on the 17/1/17 and its still bubbling along!
12/5/17 1011.5
19/5/17 1009

When can I bottle and drink this lovely honey and orange sweet thing of a drink??

Any ideas of what my expected FG will be, the little sample we tried was sooo good:wink:

Just in case anyone is wondering I bottled this today at a fg of .995 giving it a abv of 13.9:drunk:

So it has taken 5 months. The OP of J A M said it would of been ready in 2 months. I take it I may of had a bomb or two had I bottled earlier:-o

A mead brewer from our homebrew club always advocates the following rule of thumb for best results.

6months conditioning plus one month for each percentage of abv. So at 13.9% it'll be top drawer after 20 months.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I found a bottle of this stashed away in a cupboard the other day, I bottled it in 2013 :shock:

Just in case anyone is wondering I bottled this today at a fg of .995 giving it a abv of 13.9:drunk:

So it has taken 5 months. The OP of J A M said it would of been ready in 2 months. I take it I may of had a bomb or two had I bottled earlier:-o

What yeast did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a bottle of this stashed away in a cupboard the other day, I bottled it in 2013 :shock:

Likewise, I've a couple of bottles from back then as well. The mead takes on an almost fortified property that I didn't expect but chilled on a warm evening it's very nice.

Latest posts

Back