The Home Brew Company

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With DPD you can track your order 'live' and see to the second when it will arrive / what number drop you are and exactly where the driver is at any given moment. Dunno if PF do that too but I've never seen it. Whenever I order anything online and see that DPD is the courier, my confidence in it arriving intact and on time is assured. As for the HBC, I can echo the comments made here - pretty damn good.

Just had a PF delivery and they send a text with an estimated delivery time on the day, mine was about half an hour late which isn't so bad.

Not had anything delivered by DPD in a years so they must have embraced new technology. Seems like PF have some catching up to do.

I found DPD to be dreadfully on a recent order.
If it goes straight forward then there are no issues, but if there are any complications their system goes into meltdown.

I found DPD to be dreadfully on a recent order.
If it goes straight forward then there are no issues, but if there are any complications their system goes into meltdown.

What happened? They're the only courier I've never had a problem with, but I suppose it'll happen one day. Please let's not talk about UPS.Sorry I just did, but let that be as far as it goes. How does a homebrew company decide on a courier? Cost? Service? Reliability?

What happened? They're the only courier I've never had a problem with, but I suppose it'll happen one day. Please let's not talk about UPS.Sorry I just did, but let that be as far as it goes. How does a homebrew company decide on a courier? Cost? Service? Reliability?

That's an interesting question. I share your enthusiasm for DPD, as you say the parcel can be tracked the whole way, I'm normally at the door to meet the driver as our doorbell is rubbish and I can barely hear it! I bet if we all continued to give positive feedback on DPD to our retailers of choice they would take it into account, especially if Parcelforce and DPD are similar on price. I get a little nervous on Parcelforce days if I go to the bathroom or whatever, and you're right about UPS (Useless Pieces of S......)

I don't have time to go into it in detail, but I found them utterly shambolic.

One delivery from HBC. That should keep me going for a while!

30d7c8bcd278bc915c376080c7d52626.jpg

I don't think you've got enough there mate!

Geterbrewed have used PF each time I`ve ordered.I`m in Derry.Can`t complain as they will leave with a neighbour if I`m bot in,which saves me having to rearrange delivery or go their depot to collect.

Geterbrewed have used PF each time I`ve ordered.I`m in Derry.Can`t complain as they will leave with a neighbour if I`m bot in,which saves me having to rearrange delivery or go their depot to collect.

I thought it was DPD to be honest.Nice to see that there someone local on the forum 👍

Maltmiller use DPD also, homebrew shop use Parcelforce so there's a range of options if you've had issues with one particular carrier.

I'm a massive fan of their custom mash kits. Great for recipe testing and zero waste. Great customer service.

Couldn't recommend them more.

I'm a massive fan of their custom mash kits. Great for recipe testing and zero waste. Great customer service.

Couldn't recommend them more.
I prefer to buy in more bulk type quantities and store the grains in clip type containers which keeps them fresh and on hand.
This not only reduces cost but gives you the option to play around and create your own and the same for hops as you can get some great deals if bulk buying these😋

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Hi - Quick question, because I've never ordered from them before.
How long does the HBC take to ship, your experience? Their website says within 2 working days. I ordered a Grainfather from them last Friday - because price was great- and I'm desperate for it as you would be- Money has come off my credit card , and whilst I did get an order confirmation email last Friday, I've got nothing since. I've inquired about when it may be coming,but haven't heard back from them.
Thanks!!

They usually dispatch within a working day or so of ordering, well they have for me in the past. They are pretty good at replying to messages as well. Do you have an account with them that you can log into to see the progress of the order?

Hi - Quick question, because I've never ordered from them before.
How long does the HBC take to ship, your experience? Their website says within 2 working days. I ordered a Grainfather from them last Friday - because price was great- and I'm desperate for it as you would be- Money has come off my credit card , and whilst I did get an order confirmation email last Friday, I've got nothing since. I've inquired about when it may be coming,but haven't heard back from them.
Thanks!!
Check your receipt and there will be a contact number which they will answer, give the order no and they'll get you sorted.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back