Toucan Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druid

Reaction score
After reading about doing some "Toucan" Coopers kits I thought I would give it a go. A local store had Coopers Lager on sale so I picked a couple up and thought what the heck. Being a noob, I don't have much to compare it to ( used to brew years ago...but what I produced was pretty bad ) Two cans with 20L came to 1.044, I put both yeast packets in it and BOOM it took off. Coopers yeast produces quite the head it seems. So I now have a Coopers Stout almost ready to be bottled...a lager in the FV and a few more cans ready for the next batch. Think I will try the Stout/Dark ale toucan.....so much to learn...

:whistle:

I forgot to ask....does 1.044 sound about right for what I have done? Im not real confident reading the hydrometer yet...

Last edited:
After reading about doing some "Toucan" Coopers kits I thought I would give it a go. A local store had Coopers Lager on sale so I picked a couple up and thought what the heck. Being a noob, I don't have much to compare it to ( used to brew years ago...but what I produced was pretty bad ) Two cans with 20L came to 1.044, I put both yeast packets in it and BOOM it took off. Coopers yeast produces quite the head it seems. So I now have a Coopers Stout almost ready to be bottled...a lager in the FV and a few more cans ready for the next batch. Think I will try the Stout/Dark ale toucan.....so much to learn...

I forgot to ask....does 1.044 sound about right for what I have done? Im not real confident reading the hydrometer yet...
Yes your figure is in the ballpark.[emoji106] [emoji481]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

A Coopers stout plus dark ale sounds good to me. I would add a 500g pack of unrefined dark sugar and brew it out to 25 or even as long as 27L. Lovely stuff.

I did Coopers plus Wilko stout a couple of times with up to 1kg of white sugar, but brewed to 27L. That was as good as kit beer got, for me.

Latest posts

Back