Finsbury Park Mosque

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know.

Just a shame that some of the differing opinions aren't now addressable as the arguments used to justify them no longer stand up.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I retract nothing said elsewhere! And as dreadful as this, and previous attacks are, no-one can say they didn't see it coming. Then the Archbishop of wherever sticks his oar in and mentions God! Best thing he can do is clear off and pray some more.

Then the Archbishop of wherever sticks his oar in and mentions God! Best thing he can do is clear off and pray some more.

Why is the Archbishop mentioning God a problem don't all religions have a God therefore as he says its a crime against God and all humanity.

Alas it was always going to happen at some point,it's happened sooner rather than later.
Not saying it's right,just that it has and in all probability will happen again.
There are more out than there are in as they say!

Billions of people around the globe are able to watch films, play games and use all sorts of media types including books and comics without feeling the need to go out and harm others or themselves.
Well I beg to differ.
As @Covrich said 'what is the world coming to'.
Society is changing and the acceptance of violent acts is now sadly a part of our lives.
The media sources I mentioned earlier all have their part to play.
It only takes one or two of the less socially responsible or intelligence challenged (of the billions you mentioned) to be influenced and you have a massacre.

Why is the Archbishop mentioning God a problem don't all religions have a God therefore as he says its a crime against God and all humanity.

??? On the face of it, religion is at the root of all this nonsense. So some clown goes and pours more petrol on to the fire. Leave religion out of it and treat all the murderers for what they are.

Well I beg to differ.
Society is changing and the acceptance of violent acts is now sadly a part of our lives.
It only takes one or two of the less socially responsible or intelligence challenged (of the billions you mentioned) to be influenced and you have a massacre.

When we were kids we used to run round the streets with plastic rifles and hand guns (which looked real) shooting each other (you shouted bang and the other kid had to lay down as if dead) all that has changed is the way we shoot each other (plastic gun v digital gun)

As for films influencing people we had the Irish troubles plastered all over our T.V screens nightly, we were not sheltered from violence.

??? On the face of it, religion is at the root of all this nonsense. So some clown goes and pours more petrol on to the fire. Leave religion out of it and treat all the murderers for what they are.
Says the person who brought religion into every post where he used the term Muslim. [emoji6]

Well I beg to differ.

Of course you have proof or sources :lol:

Stop people enjoying past times and media just because you have a belief that some mentally unhinged people harm others with out any sort of proof of what they have watched or done.

Lets ban Top Gear because there are so many reckless drivers on the road or how many people die or are injured from drink related incidents every weekend, lets ban alcohol :whistle:

Flippant.... yes but it proves a point. There will always be people that are mentally ill and commit these types of crimes but you cant punish the 99.99% for the ill's of the 0.01%

Why call the Archbishop a clown its people like you that stir trouble with your intolerant views what he said was not meant to stir trouble in fact the opposite.

In case you missed it -

Says the person who brought religion into every post where he used the term Muslim. [emoji6]

That's cos they were banging on about Allah every which way. The archbishop of somewhere-or-other is just as bad. They want to grow up the lot of em. Aint ever going to happen I guess so ye - anyone who didn't see this coming is as blind as a bat. On a lighter note I had a fabulous curry last night, unspoiled by talk of religion by our gracious hosts or myself.

Why call the Archbishop a clown its people like you that stir trouble with your intolerant views what he said was not meant to stir trouble in fact the opposite.

What he intended to achieve and what he does achieve are two very different things.

I had a fabulous curry last night, unspoiled by talk of religion by our gracious hosts or myself.

If you don't like talking about religion why do you spend so much time here doing just that?

When we were kids we used to run round the streets with plastic rifles and hand guns (which looked real) shooting each other (you shouted bang and the other kid had to lay down as if dead) all that has changed is the way we shoot each other (plastic gun v digital gun)
As for films influencing people we had the Irish troubles plastered all over our T.V screens nightly, we were not sheltered from violence.
'When I were a lad' I used to play Cowboys and Indians and Army. Sticks for guns possibly a plastic rifle and cap guns. No concept at all of what really happened out there. You might get pictures on the TV of the latest conflict in the world, but were spared the graphic detail.
Fast forward to now and children (and adults) are exposed to all sorts of violence on TV, games, internet and that's acknowledging that some form of censorship should be in place. That rubs off on them. I know, I see it in my grandson, although fortunately he has a morality that will hopefully stop him turning the wrong way in later life. There are many however who do not have this morality.
The media sensationalise and glorify violence because it sells. And that manifests itself in many ways like carrying a knife and not being afraid to use it, and, sadly, driving a van at innocent people.

Fast forward to now and children (and adults) are exposed to all sorts of violence on TV, games, internet

Well that's a parenting issue then isn't it, just because little Jonny at school has grand theft auto 5 doesnt mean a parent should buy it for there kids.

Its quite clearly labeled as rated 18 but how many parents buy it for there kids, how many under 16's have uncontrolled access to phones or tablets.

Ratings and restrictions are there for a reason for media and legal drugs including tobacco (how that is bloody 16 I'll never know), children are not mentally capable of ingesting the type of things were talking about.

But who is bringing the children up ? Parents or the state.

'When I were a lad' I used to play Cowboys and Indians and Army. Sticks for guns possibly a plastic rifle and cap guns. No concept at all of what really happened out there. You might get pictures on the TV of the latest conflict in the world, but were spared the graphic detail.
Fast forward to now and children (and adults) are exposed to all sorts of violence on TV, games, internet and that's acknowledging that some form of censorship should be in place. That rubs off on them. I know, I see it in my grandson, although fortunately he has a morality that will hopefully stop him turning the wrong way in later life. There are many however who do not have this morality.
The media sensationalise and glorify violence because it sells. And that manifests itself in many ways like carrying a knife and not being afraid to use it, and, sadly, driving a van at innocent people.

While i can see your point it changes nothing in my view video games and films do not make people who wouldn't already do terrible things do them.

It will be interesting to see why this guy wanted to kill Muslims.

Of course you have proof or sources :lol:

Stop people enjoying past times and media just because you have a belief that some mentally unhinged people harm others with out any sort of proof of what they have watched or done.

Lets ban Top Gear because there are so many reckless drivers on the road or how many people die or are injured from drink related incidents every weekend, lets ban alcohol :whistle:

Flippant.... yes but it proves a point. There will always be people that are mentally ill and commit these types of crimes but you cant punish the 99.99% for the ill's of the 0.01%
You seem to have made this personal, whereas I have only expressed a different view to yourself .
And I haven't mentioned banning anything, unlike yourself, whether flippant, to make the point, or not.
As in most things where there is a civilised debate and two sides don't agree we should just beg to differ as I said and leave it at that.

Amen Terrym
Agree to disagree which is perfectly acceptable 👍
Let's change the subject, who wants to join my Celtic supporting,Caravan loving,Christian Bible bashing and home brew forum?????
I'm sure it will be a hit, me and the other member will get on great,
I just need to show swmbo how to login............

You seem to have made this personal, whereas I have only expressed a different view to yourself .

Not at all, my view is based on numerous studies that have concluded there in no link to violence in Film and video games, you of course are entitled to your own view thanks to freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

:thumb:

A few observations on this attack.
The people hit were helping a guy that collapsed in the road so its possible the van didn't leave the road.
The van doesn't look at all damaged like I would expect it to if it was going at a speed intended to kill people.
Not sure but I think the guy who collapsed already was the only one who died.
My speculation
Its possible that the guy was driving badly &/or drunk hit people by mistake then went on an anti islam rant.
Not saying its the case but it sounds possible to me.

Latest posts

Back