Slight Barley Disaster!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamlead

Landlord.
Reaction score
Grr - went out yesterday and bought an electric mincer.
I dont have a crusher for barley or a roller etc so bought the above thinking yeah that'll do the job nice and course cut barley - so forked out about 70 quid here gets it home whacks in some barley - roasted - and first lot went through ok - ish. But not all the grains are uniform size so thought ok i'll whack it through again -- crunch!!! grind !! - nothing!! - frackin machine sheared its drive shaft!!!!! :? :? :?
Oh well suppose i'll have to use the rolling pin and elbow grease!! i did get an upgraded model when i took it back to the shop today though so not alls lost! :wha:

wendy1971 said:
Sorry to hear that. have you thought of trying an old fashioned mangle where you used to put your washing through might work :D

I have thought about those Wendy yes but finding them is an entirely different matter - lol.
The bog standard 'Turk' washing machine looks like a shiney burco boiler - and thats exactly what it does - boils thier togs! BUt alas no mangle attached!
Need to find a pasta roller me thinks or something similar. :grin:

Back