T.V

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The movie thread made me wonder what we do watch with our other halves as so many of use do not like the same type of movie.

We regularly watch antique road trip, Dickinson's real deal and flog it occasionally I don't watch the one on Sunday night (forgot the name) it takes itself way too seriously, we also watch BGT, Xfactor or the voice whichever is on atcthe time.

The only things my wife likes and watches is corrie and grand designs. I put the dramas on and she will dip in and out of them

We watch very little but neither of us watches anything alone. Our tv is a waste of space and money really. If there's a good drama series that's well reviewed we will tend to give it a go. A six or eight week series is good for us, and it is good for us to have one or two on the go. Broadchurch series 3 earlier this year was good. Now we have Netflix and are watching Designated Survivor series 2 week by week. We binge watched series 1 but I'm not enjoying the second series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only watch Netflix, and my TV is for Xbox only. I don't watch TV at all. When I'm with my missus we watch different things to each other on our laptops. Her TV is used by her 11 yo to watch stuff on his Xbox, and if it weren't for him it wouldn't get used.

I'm a guy, how could I possibly be interested in the same stuff as a woman - y'know, house decorating junk, makeovers, soaps, reality nonsense etc etc. But seriously, there is nothing on telly which interests me anymore so basically she has free-reign with the remote.

Not a great TV fan. We both watch bargain hunt at lunctime in the week.Both watch the walking dead. I like progs such as Chris Tarrant extream railway journeys and the like
she don't:nono::lol:

I am glad i started this thread as i assumed i was the only one who's other half spends most of the night watching soaps and other stuff i cannot stand while i do my own thing (usually on my PC) i guess the days of family gathering round the only T.V in the house are long gone, my son doesn't watch T.V at all he spends hours on his tablet watching stuff on youtube.

SWMBO says I can take charge of the remote....when she's not in that is.! Because I'm a lazy barsteward and like an easy life, we watch what she likes. Luckily, we tend to enjoy the same stuff - more or less.
Drama mostly. Who-dun-its, shoot-bang-fires (as my granny used to call them), etc. Just acquired Netflix, so a whole new raft of bodice rippers awaits our attention

We both watch bargain hunt at lunctime in the week.Both watch the walking dead.

Bargain Hunt and The Walking Dead !?! I can't imagine any two programs could be further apart in the entertainment spectrum. You guys are awesome!

I was just thinking about how little we watch TV now. Like others on here we only use Netflix and Amazon Prime these days. I think they are great. Some great stuff to watch with the kids (Grimm, Stranger Things, Sleepy Hollow), and episodes at whatever time suits us, with no adverts.

For the grown ups, I'd definitely recommend having a look at 'American Gods' on Amazon. Weird and brilliant adaptation of Neil Gaiman's book. Oh hang on, this isn't the 'recommend a series' thread is it, sorry.

Channel 4 news is the religion in our house, we both give a little cheer when Snowy and Krish are both on the bill! Grand Designs is a must, cooking on Saturday morning, countryfile on Sunday. We both watch anything at all to do with travel. She likes effin bakeoff and effin strictly, I'm on here when they're on!

My wife tends to watch everything I cannot stand , Survivor, Get me out of here, Medical operations, and any other tripe that is on the box. The upside is I spend the evenings reading about brewing and gardening, I am now brewing the best beer and my tomatoes etc are coming up a treat.

I don't think there's any TV show that me and the wife both like. I watch very few programmes actually, atm it's usually Seinfeld on Amazon prime, otherwise I watch YouTube, mostly the movie review channels like YMS, Ralphthemoviemaker, Cinefix etc. The wife watches Graham Norton and The Big Bang Theory which I can't stand.

The only things I ever like to watch on TV are British crime series. For all the rest, I find TV a waste of money. Well, the wife and daughter like "The Voice", and that's mostly on Friday evening, which I use for brewing. For the rest, I rather like to read books, and Scientific American.

For me TV is nothing more than a sh*t pump. Unless Rugby is on :D Mrs treebeard likes to watch stuff like Strictly, Bargain Hunt and Escape to the country, (I politely left the o in that!)

I just watched the first few episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and damn it's good. I know I'm a little behind the curve, it's on season 9 now I think, but it is fantastic. As a huge Seinfeld fan I maybe approached this with a little bias, but I really think Larry David is a genius. It's sort of a blend of Seinfeld and The Office, though with more mature content, and definitely worth a watch if that sounds like your sort of thing.

New Tricks, Brokenwood Mysteries, Big Bang Theory and that's it for "regular mutual viewing". :thumb:

Apparently she isn't interested in English Football, Tour de France, Old Films, Documentaries etc and I am totally uninterested in "the soaps" and "reality" shows.

Fortunately, we own two TV's! :thumb:

not been a big tv watcher for many years and it sits in the corner mainly off day after day unless my infant grandson comes visiting and then it goes on for fireman sam or the like,myself I like science and factual tv like the current blue planet and even then will do them all on the I player catch up on my laptop as and when

The TV always seems to be on in our house without either of us actually watching it...

We both watch:
Masterchef
Bake off
Saturday Kitchen
Any Rick Stein cooking show
Strictly... started "ironically" watching it and now its the only thing we can tolerate on saturday night TV... we tell ourselves that our 10 week old likes it...

What I watch:
Sport

What she watches:
Eggheads
999 Whats your emergency
24 hours in A &E
Anything about people with unusual taste.... like people who dress up as babies or have "relationships" with inanimate objects!

The TV always seems to be on in our house without either of us actually watching it...
Television can be a huge time bandit, so if you turn the TV off when you are not watching it you will then find that half the stuff you thought you were interested in, you can really do without, and you can then find other things to do that are far more rewarding. Plus the more your TV is off the more you find you don't need it. And the other big advantage of a TV that is off is that there is no continuous 'babble' coming from it, and your background is more relaxing.
Try it :thumb:

Back