What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pvt. ..quicker for me to....
4.0kg lager malt
700g maris otter
(Recipe was all lager..ran out!)
400g carapils
400g torrified wheat
280g caramel crystal
1 hour mash @ 65
1 hour Boil
30g cascade start
15g each Columbus,centennial 15 minutes
28g simcoe flame out/80°c
CML American ale
Og 1048
Fg 1008
Cold crashed to clear
Batch primed 120g dextrose
....notes missing ibu! But will be in recipe should you find it!
It's a nice beer...
Found my notes....ibu 45..original malt was pilsner but I used what I had!

Started with a commercial local brew for a change - BISHOP'S FINGER....It's good to gauge your own brew against a regular professional one now & again. Followed with mine....it is sooo much better ...all doubts dissolved....job done..!

My hacked St. Peters Ruby red. Its quite good :)

IMG_9551.jpg

A few festivals endeavour pales. Second time I did this kit. It's pretty tasty :grin:

Don't get me wrong, I'm the wrong end of starting at half five but I seem to have found the John Bull IPA (from the last ever Tesco Sale that we're ever going to talk about). Brewed 25/04/17 - 20/05/17, S04, 1kg BE, 50g of honey 52g of Crystal 3.9AA, 20m boil and the hop bag added to the FV for the ferment. OG:1060-FG:1007 7%. Bottled this on 20/05/17, it's gorgeous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the wrong end of starting at half five but I seem to have found the John Bull IPA (from the last ever Tesco Sale that we're ever going to talk about). Brewed 25/04/17 - 20/05/17, S04, 1kg BE, 50g of honey 52g of Crystal 3.9AA, 20m boil and the hop bag added to the FV for the ferment. OG:1060-FG:1007 7%. Bottled this on 20/05/17, it's gorgeous.

Just bottled and mini kegged my last one on sat last weekend, dry hopped with 50g of citra....looking forward to popping the first one in a few weeks

Started with a commercial local brew for a change - BISHOP'S FINGER....It's good to gauge your own brew against a regular professional one now & again. Followed with mine....it is sooo much better ...all doubts dissolved....job done..!

Ah but what happens when you compare to something a bit more technically competent, maybe something by Stone, Kernel, Cloudwater, even Brewdog? That raises the bar a little.

Ah but what happens when you compare to something a bit more technically competent, maybe something by Stone, Kernel, Cloudwater, even Brewdog? That raises the bar a little.
Yep. IMHO. At least 90% of commercial super market beer is rubbish, especially anything sold in a clear bottle. Most well executed homebrew should at a minimum compete.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Woooh, that could be great in six months time. Mine was.

Mangrove Jack M31 made some very good beers for me. Will do a set again maybe next year.

oh poo, id better stop drinking my duvelex and put it away for a few months.

as for tonight....

a develex, saisons to be cheerful (uber lush),brigand, ris-ky business and a slehgted in belgium :whistle:

Yep....very true. "Better than something from Sheps" isn't that much of a challenge:lol:

But... one small step for mankind - a giant leap for a little man :smile:

Look out Brewdog - I'm on yer case..!

Just a bit more practice needed....:drink:

Tonight, appearing on the JJSH beer show, we have;

Banks's Amber Ale - I am assuming this will be pants, its 89p a bottle in Aldi.
Hobgoblin IPA - Its new, so I thought I'd give it a go, but Marstons really are thrashing the nads of the Hobgoblin brand IMHO.
Rocking Rudolph - Never had this before
Aldi / Marstons Medusa - I really like this. I'm getting into Red ales for some reason.

Youngs pilsner, brewed with s-23 lager yeast, with a decent dry hop of mosaic. Must admit not feeling the mosaic as much as I enjoyed cascade.

Finished the mini keg of oatmeal stout, then a English ipa and now a black IPA. This is over a year old now and still tastes spot on. think I need to make it again soon, not many left now.

Does 1pm count as "Tonight"?

If so, I am indulging in a litre of "Low ABV Pale Ale" that I brewed back in August and a week ago tasted strongly of grapefruit!

I checked the brew (it's in a Wilco Keg) today and discovered that the grapefruit taste had gone; so I asked SWMBO to check. I got the "Can't taste anything but beer!" reply so I am amazed.

I can only assume that there must have been something up the spout when I poured the original "taster" a week ago because this is the very first time that a "grapefruit tasting brew" has come good! :thumb: :thumb:

Marlon's Pride tonight. Why is it that your brew gets better the further down the keg you get..?
.....answers on a postcard....:-?

1511118574093.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back