Hogs Back T.E.A

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all
does anyone know if the yeast used for bottle conditioning in this beer is the original fermentation yeast?

:cheers:

O.... k... then....

May be a little moot anyway, I went to waitrose to pick up a couple of bottles this aft and noticed that they looked slightly different. Now it says (with some degree of - misplaced - pride) 'Now brewery-conditioned so you don't get all that nasty sediment in the bottle'.

****!

Tony said:
O.... k... then....

May be a little moot anyway, I went to waitrose to pick up a couple of bottles this aft and noticed that they looked slightly different. Now it says (with some degree of - misplaced - pride) 'Now brewery-conditioned so you don't get all that nasty sediment in the bottle'.

****!

**** x 3!

I'm going on a brewery tour there soon - I'll see if I can get some yeast to share!

Sorry Jim, should've written it out in full .. if you see a bottle anywhere (especially the bottle-conditioned one) grab it, it's a rather good pint :D

mr_spin said:
I'm going on a brewery tour there soon - I'll see if I can get some yeast to share!

Nice ... If they're handing it out I'd like some ;)

unclepumble said:
A phone call to brewlabs imight bve worth a try then

Plan! :D

simonranson said:
They've recently had to out-source their bottling, so maybe this is due to this...
It was something they had to do because the supermarkets were sending back batches, after customers complained that the beer was "cloudy" (having utterly failed to read the damn bottle) - it got so expensive that they didn't have much choice, sadly :(

Some of their smaller beers are still conditioned, but all the big ones - TEA, OTT, BSA and friends - are not, even from the brewery shop. To be fair to them, they've done a pretty good job, but it's still sad to see.

That's the most depressing thing I've heard for a while!

Should've made a bigger thing of it on the label, most of what was on there was pointless - people don't read them as has been very well demonstrated.

I say leave the yeast in the bottles and educate the dickhead's that are complaining, and don't know what's good practise and what's not.

Camra keep taking peoples money, so it is time to get them out spreading the word in the supermarkets.

Bottle conditioned beer is better than "filtered force carbonated Horse ****".

I love Hogsback T.E.A. by the way a cracking bottled beer.

UP

unclepumble said:
I say leave the yeast in the bottles and educate the dickhead's that are complaining, and don't know what's good practise and what's not.

Camra keep taking peoples money, so it is time to get them out spreading the word in the supermarkets.

Bottle conditioned beer is better than "filtered force carbonated Horse ****".

I love Hogsback T.E.A. by the way a cracking bottled beer.

UP

Amen to that. I can see it now; 30 or so years of good work to get proper real ale into the mainstream all down the pan because breweries decide (again) that people want to drink homogenized, boring beer that all tastes the same. :roll:

Ceejay said:
Amen to that. I can see it now; 30 or so years of good work to get proper real ale into the mainstream all down the pan because breweries decide (again) that people want to drink homogenized, boring beer that all tastes the same. :roll:
To be fair, it's not something the breweries are really pushing; it's the consumers (or rather, the supermarkets in the face of an ignorant consumer). Bit yeah, it's definitely something CAMRA should be acting on...

Latest posts

Back