Ace electric boilers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone struggling to stop any leaks i have found a large and small washer and an O ring work best. Tightened by hand its by far the strongest way to attach. The washers can work but its easy to knock the pipe and get a leak as i found out again last time i brewed.
Still not made a bottom plate. I bought a SS one but don't have the tools to cut it here. I have been using a cheap bag and found it works a lot better. The bag is not big enough to touch the bottom and scorch and i get better drainage plus its easier to clean.

I should of added i am recirculating the wort through the bag. Without that i doubt you would get decent efficiency as most of the water would be at the bottom and not in contact with the grains. Seem to be getting around 75% right now maybe a bit more. Planning on doing a 12l maxi biab later so fingers crossed.

Just ordered one of these - the current one with the grain bag, false bottom and 3 heat settings. The last few pages on this thread seem to be dedicated to adapting the boilers with pumps etc. which I have no intention of doing. Just after feedback from anyone using this as a simple BIAB as I am intending on doing? Any tips, anything you would change?
I will mash full volume to get 25lt pre-boil. Do I need to set the thermometer during the mash so the heating element kicks in to maintain the heat or do the insulated walls maintain the heat well enough?
After I chuck out the grains I was intending on using the bag again for the hops in the boil (I know it has a filter but I have done this with my current stock pot which works fine with pellets).
Can I ask which ACE system you bought? There's a few around which seem to be just given the generic name of ACE.

Cheers.

For anyone struggling to stop any leaks i have found a large and small washer and an O ring work best. Tightened by hand its by far the strongest way to attach. The washers can work but its easy to knock the pipe and get a leak as i found out again last time i brewed.
Still not made a bottom plate. I bought a SS one but don't have the tools to cut it here. I have been using a cheap bag and found it works a lot better. The bag is not big enough to touch the bottom and scorch and i get better drainage plus its easier to clean.

What order did you fit these?

Internal pipe fitting - small washer - ACE boiler wall - O ring - ball valve?

Any chance of a pic for the hard of thought? Cheers! :confused1:

it has come to my attention ACE UK TRADING ltd has closed there Ebay account,and there web site is " down for maintenance"
did they have a good Xmas,or shut for the quiet season?

What order did you fit these?

Internal pipe fitting - small washer - ACE boiler wall - O ring - ball valve?

Any chance of a pic for the hard of thought? Cheers! :confused1:

No problem. Basically the o ring goes inside the large washer and the small one goes on top. I cannot remember if i put another washer on the other side but i don't think it matters. This way the tap is really tight and if you knock it accidentally it wont leak. Both my boilers are connected identically.
Does anyone know where you can buy the large washers are as i need some more? Also need more o rings if anyone has a cheap source?

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back