California Connoisseur shiraz

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolram

Reaction score
California Connoisseur shiraz
Made this kit 6/5/2016 followed the instructions to within a couple of days. Bottled it today. Had a cheeky taste and have to say I've had £7 bottles of wine that taste worse. Now that's at bottling so hopefully it will improve over the next few months. If it lasts that long.
I don't know how to describe it properly but smooth, fruity flavour, nice texture and good colour.

7dbebe72a591a8a6b69b433585355e02.jpg

Done a quick comparison with this from lidl and the connoisseur is so much nicer. Clearer, nicer smell and smoother taste.

So 6 months ago I made this cc Shiraz I only have a few bottles left and I'm disappointed I drank them too soon. After 6 months it is a smooth, aromatic wine. I have made another that I will bottle next week and think I should put another on straight away. I'd like to get a point where I have a quantity 6 months old.
It's a really nice wine after a few weeks I would of said it a £5 wine now I would say £8 or £10.
I like Shiraz probably my favourite red so might be a little bias.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nice one, what size kit is it , and how many bottles did you get out of it?

Also, where have you been aging the wine all this time - in standard DJ's ?

Cheers!
Al

nice one, what size kit is it , and how many bottles did you get out of it?

Also, where have you been aging the wine all this time - in standard DJ's ?

Cheers!
Al
It was a 5 gal kit and I got 29 bottles and a glass😉. The bottles have been sat on the top of my kitchen cupboards, I know that's not the best probably too warm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back