Wyeast for Timothy Taylor Landord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like I will try a blow off tube. I ferment in a 23L bin which I will also change to a 32L bin in future.

I started the fementation fridge off at 20c, maybe stating it at 18c for the first couple of days may also help.

Thank you all for the advice.

It looks like I will try a blow off tube. I ferment in a 23L bin which I will also change to a 32L bin in future.

I started the fementation fridge off at 20c, maybe stating it at 18c for the first couple of days may also help.

Thank you all for the advice.
If you know there is likely to be a volcanic primary fermentation, one solution is to brew short . Not many will try to get out if you go for 19 litres in a standard FV rather than 23 litres. That's what I normally do.

Wyeast 1469 west yorkshire ale. Some people say this is the TT strain and others say not. But this is the strain you want. I think @spapro makes this beer all the time with this strain and highly recommends the reciepe and yeast strain

hi would you know of a dry yeast equivalent that i could us for this as just starting and not up to making starters yet
Thanks
peter

hi would you know of a dry yeast equivalent that i could us for this as just starting and not up to making starters yet
Thanks
peter

There isnt one really. Just use an ale yeast like S04/CML Real Ale/MJ liberty bell

Starters are really simple. Either got to holland and barrett and but some malt extract or wilko and buy some dried malt extract use, iirc,200g of DME or 260g LME add 2L of water. Boil for about 5 mins then cool in the sink. Then get a 5L water bottle. Add the 2L starter wort to your pack of liquid yeast. Shake at least 4 times per day for 2 days. Job done. Either just chuck everthing in the wort or put it in the fridge to crash the yeast out and decant of the liquid and chuck the yeast into the wort

Hi MyQul thanks for your short and sweet setup for a starter, I have one question here would i need to place the starter bottle in to my brew fridge if so what temp or does it not matter?

During winter I leave mine the brew fridge set to 22C but with the current ambient temperatures as high as they are I probably won't bother right now and I'm starting one this Tuesday evening from an overbuilt collection of WLP023 (Burton Ale) for a brew day on Sunday. It will go in the fridge for a 48 hour chill before brew day.

If you want to overbuild (make more than you need so your next brew yeast only costs the extra DME) the online calculator I use is this one. I overbuild by 100bn cells (the amount you get in a fresh liquid yeast pack) and use it to seed the next starter just as if it was itself a bought pack.

Back