What's Your Top Three Favourite Beer Styles?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saisonator

Landlord.
Reaction score
Mine are.

1. English Bitter - My go back to beer. I get into all sorts of styles and like them all (except sours) But I always eventually go back to Bitter. It has it all really, maltyness, bitterness, hop flavour and esters from the yeast.

2. IPA - When really in the mood for a beer I love a big hop hit, be it the more traditional style or the lovely tropical flavours from the new world hops.

3. Lager - Very refreshing on a hot summer day and also a nice easy drinking relaxer when I'm not particularly wearing my beer head.

@saisonator
Judging by your name I was expecting to see saison in there somewhere.

British bitters and IPAs are my go to, and all I drink on a session.

In the summer I gravitate towards lighter, hoppyer beers, generally pale ales and IPAs.

For a winter sipper, nothing beats a good dark Belgian abbey beer.

It really depends on the mood I'm in, but right now my top 3 are:

Stouts/porters - the more interesting the better. I love chocolate flavours.
Pils/Helles - traditional German/Czech lagers always go down well
IPAs - the American hoppy styles. I'm getting a bit bored of the vast majority of IPAs now and rarely do I have something which is a fantastic IPA. I'm still enjoying my own though.

At present, in no particular order
water
water
water:twisted::twisted::twisted:
When i can drink again-
a good bitter
black ipa
stout

Depends what mood I'm in, but...
1: Malty Full bodied English Bitters
2: Belgian Abbey's
3: Wheat beers

Could be in a different order - depending on the day

@saisonator
Judging by your name I was expecting to see saison in there somewhere.

That would have been number 4 Steve :thumb:
Due to lack of availability I have not had enough to really learn to appreciate the style.

Making another in a month or two, I wonder how well they keep?
Hopefully till next summer.

American ipa
English ales/bitters
Stout

I will give anything a go though! I'm quite intrigued by the youngs new world saison I made...now I'm brewing ag I might give this a go..I do like a wheat beer and not being a lager drinker as such I'm quite taken by the pseudo lager a brewed a few months ago.
Too many too choose!

That would have been number 4 Steve :thumb:
Due to lack of availability I have not had enough to really learn to appreciate the style.

Making another in a month or two, I wonder how well they keep?
Hopefully till next summer.

Historically they were brewed at the start of winter and stored till summer, so they keep very well :thumb:

Back