Prue Leith tweets Bake Off winner.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I stopped watching when it moved so its no big deal to me but what a cock up. :roll:

Fans of the Great British Bake Off have been left reeling after judge Prue Leith leaked the name of the winner hours before the series finale was aired because of a time zone mix-up.

Channel Four bosses desperately tried to limit the damage as fans were urged to stop spreading the programme’s spoiler after Leith accidentally posted it on Twitter while she was in Asia.

But viewers were left helpless as the now deleted tweet revealing the winner was screenshotted and reposted across the social media platform.

Fans criticised the new baking judge, who joined the series when it moved to Channel Four this year, saying she had “ruined” the final for them and awarded her “gaffe of the year”.

https://www.standard.co.uk/stayingi...-name-of-winner-in-gaffe-of-the-a3672496.html

I appreciate this programme it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I do watch it. So if anyone does know the result, please do not spoil it by posting here.

thank you

Unless they acknowledged that Liam was robbed and brought him back, I don't care.

Ok, I care (too much)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daft. Why would you even tweet any specifics about the programme other than "excited for the final" or something along those lines!?

Its been a good series but haven't really connected with any particular competitor as I might have previously. Would like Sophie to win though

I think it was the right winner. For a series that was good but not great, the final bakes were incredible.

Funny that people watch or care about this nonsense. This and programs like it are the reason why I haven't had a TV license for 10 years.

Funny that people watch or care about this nonsense. This and programs like it are the reason why I haven't had a TV license for 10 years.

I tend not to judge people by their viewing habits if I don't like something I don't watch if others like what I don't that's fine by me.

If there was a "Great British Home Brew Off" would you be interested in watching it?

Horses for courses.

Absolutely bloody love cake, yet don't watch it. Confusing eh? ;-)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

To be fair you have to also like terrible jokes and contrived drama about whether jelly has set or not.

If there was a "Great British Home Brew Off" would you be interested in watching it?

Horses for courses.

Ive thought about this. It's the waiting for fermentation that kills it as a concept I think.

How do you know it’s nonsense,have you seen it?
You can get jailed for that you know 😂

Latest posts

Back