Two acid attacks on London delivery drivers 'may be linked'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A man is likely to lose sight in both eyes because someone decided they wanted his moped, they are going to have to make a law about carrying any substance with intention to harm.

A delivery driver "left fighting for his life" after an acid attack in east London could lose his sight.

The 32-year-old had a substance repeatedly thrown in his face by two men who tried to steal his moped in Walthamstow on Thursday at 18:00 GMT.

In a separate attack in Tottenham about 30 minutes later, another delivery driver, also 32, had a corrosive substance thrown at him.

A teenage boy has been arrested over the attack in Walthamstow.

He is being held on suspicion of committing grievous bodily harm and is in custody at an east London police station, the Met said.

The Met said it was investigating whether both attacks were linked.

Detectives said the first victim, who was attacked on Walpole Street, was likely to lose sight in both eyes.

"This attack has left a man fighting for his life and with terrible eye injuries," Det Ch Insp Gordon Henderson said.

"This was an innocent man going about his work as a delivery driver, who may never see again."

In the second attack, two men approached the victim on Yarmouth Crescent, Tottenham, in a bid to steal his moped.

He was taken to hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

BBC News.

A man is likely to lose sight in both eyes because someone decided they wanted his moped, they are going to have to make a law about carrying any substance with intention to harm.

Acid seems to be the "weapon of choice" recently. I have a simple solution to combat this crime.
If convicted 50 years inprisoment (sp) no appeal.
The US (joke under their current admin) but when they say 50 years, they mean 50 years.

I agree the punishment has got to be harsh enough to stop these idiots from doing it, i also think moped manufacturers could bring something similar to the ignition kill switch below out so if it is pulled while the ignition is on the moped will not start again without being re-set by an approved workshop.

$_35.JPG

It needs to be life imprisonment for people carrying out acid attacks.
I would rather take my chances with a bullet than a face full of acid, if you are not blinded, you will have a permanent reminder for life every time you catch your reflection.

Yet another third world imported habit 'enriching' this country.

Seems a 14 year old is implicated:twisted:.
If proved he was resposible he should be sent to a young offenders institute and then transfered to prison for life,nothing less.

All good suggetions but part of the problem is that any sentence doesn't really act as that much of a deterrent for young kids as they don't think through the consequences and think they are untouchable. One of the issues is that mopeds have become the vehicle of choice becuase they know the police won't chase them, they throw off their helmets and know the police are scared of an accident where one of them dies. Just let the police have free reign to chase them and if they die in an accident, so be it.

Acid may become a replacement for knives for those in society who feel they cannot leave the house without one, that is a scary thought.

That is such a sick and scary thought!

Some of these scroats need dealing with old school, they have no respect for the law or people and need dealing with in the same way.

I have heard on the grapevine that some bike clubs are dealing with things and even engaging in 'following' these twots when the Police cant as it's such a minefield, the police have guidelines on when they can and can't safely pursue suspects and they aren't being given the backing of the police complaints commission, so who can blame them for not pursuing these knob jockeys, if they risk prosecution themselves?

There is only one way to tackle this and that is head on and it will take the public taking the law into their own hands or police helping highly trained groups to stamp on it and with the complete lack of funding for anything I can't see it improving.

In Bristol there has been outrage at the lack of police action about gangs of youths stealing motorcycles and bike clubs have started to act, now the police are trying to get everyone on board and set up a task force to deal with it as things were heading out of control.

What else do little twots understand though, if they want to live by the sword, then maybe they need to die by the sword?

So, I've read in this thread some people are supporting medieval (or Middle-Eastern: same difference) justice.
How about no?
Lock 'm up, solitary, low-cost, 2 by 4 m. No more access to a barrister after 1 year.

Then give them a choice after 5 years.

So, I've read in this thread some people are supporting medieval (or Middle-Eastern: same difference) justice.
How about no?
Lock 'm up, solitary, low-cost, 2 by 4 m. No more access to a barrister after 1 year.

Then give them a choice after 5 years.

Yeah, that will put anyone off following in their footsteps, I bet all the intelectual scroats will be counseling their peers to put the acid back in the batteries after that legal change, it's no longer worth the risk to life and limb if we have to wait 5 years for our Barista.

They probably like Starbucks too much, that's what's wrong, they should be busy in the garage home brewing!

Back