How times have changed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How times have changed this was big news in 1977, imagine if the same people could see how far standards have slipped over the years.

sssssssstttttt.jpg

Did the Album come out a year or so later?

Maybe 1978?

Either way. Never Mind..... was about shock value primarily, it was one of the last batch of vinyl I ditched recently. The four singles stand out as the tracks that might still be listenable today. They were:

Anarchy in the UK - strangely prophetic in the sense that we stand a millimetre away from the trapdoor of self destruction.

God save the Queen - ditto above. Except that we meant it maaaaan.

Pretty Vacant - ditto above, to a "pogo".

Holiday in the Sun - ditto above, brexit permitting

The only other track I can even remember was called "Abortion" and featured the narrative "she was the no-one who killed her baby, ...., she was an animal, she was a f****** disgrace".

Bizarre testament to nihilism, in a certain sense.

Did the Album come out a year or so later?

Maybe 1978?

Never Mind the ******** Here's the Sex Pistols is the only studio album by English punk rock band the Sex Pistols, released on 28 October 1977 by Virgin Records. Wikipedia.

Never mind the ******** is probably my favourite album of all time closely followed by setting sons by the jam.....the track you are thinking of slid is called"bodies"and was very catchy and loved by all for being so offensive,the album in my eyes is an all time classic,still listen to and buy punk albums and ******** is still the best. cheers lagerlad

I started uni in Sheffield many years before your goodself. In that year albums were released by such diverse bands as The Troggs, Supremes, Beatles, Jefferson Aiplane, John Mayall with Eric Clapton (which I still have) and The Incredible String Band (anyone remember them)
But the upside is that this was in the days when Tetleys was actually a very decent pint as I regularly confirmed :thumb:

No doubt in the days when the Broomhill Tavern and the York were decent pubs and 'Record Collector' was the place for secondhand albums. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back