trying to teach an old dog new/old tricks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceo

Landlord.
Reaction score
:doh:

my dad has started brewing wine again since last year and start drinking it with in a few days of bottling (less then a month from starting a kit).
iv only been brew 4 months so green myself but i know it takes time.

he likes cider so got him a cheap kit for his birthday and he has final got round to putting it on. got a call to say it just about finished???? hold on wait a minute he only put it on 6 days ago. have you taken a reading? no its stopped bubbling :nah: what was you reading at the start? didnt take one :doh: .

told him to give it another week to see if it has finished. oh iv already add the flavour pack and finings :doh: want to bottle next week, not sure if 100g of sugar per bottle is right. :rofl:

at that point told him to leave it alone and i will take a look next week.

why do the instructions give all the wrong info its meant to be for beginners

buy him a kit, throw the destructions away and leave him a set of your instructions.....

I think it's a marketing ploy to make you think you can drink it sooner and so make you want to buy that kit rather than the one next to it. Sadly the result is pish water and probably puts people off from buying another kit. Can't think of any other reason.

i think is going to be a sweet, bland and flat.

i will see it i can make it good :wha:

To be fair I never used to take readings "It's stopped fermenting? Good enough for me"

Back