Ok getting a bit desperate!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growler

Regular.
Reaction score
Any of you lovely people have a hot tub?
Need help getting the chemicals right before the mother in law takes a hammer to it!!!! :shock:

still got our old galvanised tin bath....... :oops: its hanging on a nail near privy.

What's the issue? We have a lay-z-spa that we use in the summer months. Don't find it difficult to get right at all to be honest.

Measure with a strip.... add chlorine as required, add PH+ or PH- as required and the alkaline generally comes in nicely.

ScottM said:
What's the issue? We have a lay-z-spa that we use in the summer months. Don't find it difficult to get right at all to be honest.

Measure with a strip.... add chlorine as required, add PH+ or PH- as required and the alkaline generally comes in nicely.

+1 on that. Only thing different is we use ours in winter too.

problem we have at the moment is a build up of clorimides which give off toxic fumes and I don't seem to be able to get rid of it

registered with them several hours ago :grin: before I posted on here :thumb:

not completely stupid ;)
only posted on here cause you lot are the font of all wisdom :geek:

What part of the treatment are you struggling to get to come in though? Is it the chlorine or PH?

The chlorine
The ph is spot on

Bugger just realise been spell chlorine wrong all day :oops:

Hmmm :hmm: Mother in law and toxic fumes......

Where can one get one of these hot tub things..... :whistle:

Growler said:
The chlorine
The ph is spot on

Bugger just realise been spell chlorine wrong all day :oops:

I tend to add a capfull of the granules, turn on the bubbles for 5 mins then re-test.

Repeat until on the money :)

abeyptfc said:
a hot tub would make one hell of a mashtun!

Interestingly I've had this conversation with John McG at Tryst Brewery on the merits of a "Hot Tub" Ale.

Trad Scottish Distilleries use either Oregon Pine or Larch Washbacks (aka Fermenting vessels). Our American cousins are obsessed with oak but maybe throwing a couple of pieces of larch stave into a 7% Abv fermentation would be more interesting.

On a larger scale actually using a larch lined hot tub to brew a 5bbl brew...obviously it would need steam cleaned...nothing worse than pubes in your krausen...:shock:

F

Back