Small chest freezer for a kegerator build?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpj

Reaction score
Does anyone know which 100l / 3.5 cu ft class freezer has the largest inside footprint? http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4731043 shows footprints for a number of larger American chest freezers but nothing that I could use.

I'm in the process of obtainings parts for a chest freezer based kegerator. Unfortunately I can only fit a max. 56cm wide unit in my garage. I've calculated that the size should be just big enough for two Corny ball locks and a 7lb CO2 cylinder (which I own already).

My plan is to build a small platform inside the freezer to raise the bottom flush with the compressor hump, then build a tall enough collar to fit my kegs and gas. One freezer that looked promising, the Capital Midas 105L, would need to be about 2cm deeper to fit two kegs side by side. If I could find one that's even a tiny bit bigger, the fit would be a lot easier. The Beko CF374W is exactly 2cm deeper outside, but I can't find any information about its internal depth. I've tried to contact various manufacturers and resellers, to no avail.

Once I start the build, I hope to document some of it here.

Latest posts

Back