Anyone used the new Braumeister?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJC

Reaction score
I'm thinking ahead and already planning what to fill my impending workshop with and I've been looking at a braumeister. In the space of a few months I've gone from a Coopers kit through to the Young's American kits and now onto extract and becoming more and more impressed with what is coming out of my FV. I now want to move on to all grain and be able to experiment a bit more and hopefully produce something with a commercial value. I've looked at the Braumeister website and watched a few videos and I'm suitably impressed, does anyone have any experience of them, particularly the current model?

a mate bought the new 20l model a couple months back. ive done a brew on it with him and i was very very impressed. the build quality it excellent id say. its says 20l but you can brew much more with it. think we ended up with 34 ish litres of 4.5% brew. the clarity of the wort is amazing. my mates a very experienced brewer and has done around 10 brews on it now and is very happy with it. the efficacy he is getting if fabulas . over 90%
in fact i was so impressed that im saving up for one now.

Braumeisters are excellent wort makers. They don't necessarily lead to quality beer. That's associated with the strict control of the entire brewing process. What do you mean by 'commercial value'?

Braumeisters are excellent wort makers. They don't necessarily lead to quality beer. That's associated with the strict control of the entire brewing process. What do you mean by 'commercial value'?

By 'commerical value' I mean beer that's of a standard that's acceptable to sell.

I started with Coopers kit in December, built a 3V 25 litres brewery in January, bought 20l Braumeister in April and just bought the 50L Braumeister as I'll be selling a cask to a local pub. I was tempted by Grainfather but not the flimsy build quality and pump.

Just noticed you are in Portsmouth - have you been to any of the homebew meets or joined the Facebook group? We meet first Tuesday of the month, I'm just outside Portsmouth.

Braumesiter make it THAT much easier to get repeatable results and the build quality is robust. I bought with domed lid, thermal collar and hop filter.

If you are getting the 20L version; buy from homebreweshop.be
If you are getting the 50L version; buy from brewuk

By 'commerical value' I mean beer that's of a standard that's acceptable to sell.

That's what I thought. Extract beers can be just as acceptable to sell. If you want to go down the Braumeister route (not the cheapest) go for at least a 200L to make it profitable. The 500L would be better for making a nice profit. Have you registered your intentions with the authorities? It's usually straight forward and shouldn't take long to get the licenses.

I started with Coopers kit in December, built a 3V 25 litres brewery in January, bought 20l Braumeister in April and just bought the 50L Braumeister as I'll be selling a cask to a local pub. I was tempted by Grainfather but not the flimsy build quality and pump.

Just noticed you are in Portsmouth - have you been to any of the homebew meets or joined the Facebook group? We meet first Tuesday of the month, I'm just outside Portsmouth.

Braumesiter make it THAT much easier to get repeatable results and the build quality is robust. I bought with domed lid, thermal collar and hop filter.

Thanks for the invite but I'm not allowed out during the week :wink: Wife works away and I'm stuck with the kids!

What pub are you selling to, is it The Bluebell or Coal Exchange by any chance?

That's what I thought. Extract beers can be just as acceptable to sell. If you want to go down the Braumeister route (not the cheapest) go for at least a 200L to make it profitable. The 500L would be better for making a nice profit. Have you registered your intentions with the authorities? It's usually straight forward and shouldn't take long to get the licenses.

Unfortunately I haven't got the room for the big Braumeisters. The intention is not to make a lot but something that could complement my forthcoming food business. I know all the requirements regarding the authorities, I've had my head buried in all the regulations for months now!

Unfortunately I haven't got the room for the big Braumeisters. The intention is not to make a lot but something that could complement my forthcoming food business. I know all the requirements regarding the authorities, I've had my head buried in all the regulations for months now!

Now you're talking, food and beer. Two of my favourites. The food side of things is usually much lower risk and more profitable. If you're planning to brew specifically for your business (and not consume too much yourself), I'd say go for a 50L to start. There is no particular benefit to note re 'old' vs 2015 models. The control module is about it. The pre-2015 module has been tried and tested. The new module has wifi options for some reason. You might even get a second hand one for a bargain now. If it's a success, you could buy another 50L. I've heard of people running two simultaneously. The 20L is really for personal consumption, IMO. With careful planning, you can fit a brew day into a regular work day. That's the real benefit of a Braumeister. Don't overlook fermentation requirements, space with temperature control; and cool storage for the packaged beer. Good luck with it. Sounds exciting :cheers:

Just seen this thread, whats the FB page for the homebrew club, i would love some honest revirews of my upcoming beers!!!

I have to weigh in about your quality question. I have always used a home made insulated mash tun, no proper sparge equipment (a gently poured kettle). winged in on cooling (sealed it up overnight). Several of my friends wanted to buy beers from me and of course I have always said no. I really wouldn't worry as long as you are mashing and making good beers they will be commercial in quality, it might just be production size you might have to look at.

Even the other night I gave a neighbour a pint of Wherry and he was amazed at how good it was and really a nicer brew than his regular drink in our local pub.

Cheers

A

Latest posts

Back