Sauvignon Blanc ish

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wino2012

Regular.
Reaction score
Without doubt my favourite white is Marlborough Sav Blanc. The best I have tasted comes it at around £12.99 a bottle :shock:

I have been fiddling around for yonks trying to replicate it, and this is the closest I have got to to it yet:

1 ltr WGJ
1ltr Pineapple - not from concentrate
1 ltr apple juice
700g sugar
pectolase
cup of strong tea
juice of 1 lemon
nutrient
GV9 Champagne Yeast
Juice (no pips) of 3 passion fruits

Put in apple juice, WGJ, inverted sugar and half the pinapple juice. top to just below the shoulder. All the usual suspects. When the initial ferment has calmed down add the remaining pineapple juice and top up as far as you dare. After another 2 days add the juice of the passion fruits, top to the neck and ferment out completely. This only took 12 days start to finish. Is bloody lovely even though only 1 week old. This wine can only get better :drunk:

I've added that to my to-do list, wino2012. I'll probably do a 2L or 3L batch and swap some of the WGJ for RGJ since I have a thing for blush wines. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Looks like a nice recipe. Have you tried putting in the zest from your lemon? I have found zest to add to the aroma and citrus notes.

Thanks for that Bob, wish I had thought of that before putting this one on the brew! :cheers:

I did leave a comment on your recipe for the pineapple/apple/tropical fruit 25 ltr batch which I am going to try shortly as it sounds along similar lines. :thumb:

Just exactly what I've been looking to do too. So glad I found your post :razz:
I've only made one 30 bot Wine Buddy Sauvignon Blanc kit so far. I am going to try this asap. Marlborough is my favorite.
Couple of questions if you don't mind.....well 3!
Is the pineapple juice easy to find?
What is inverted sugar?
Why do you use Champagne yeast?
Many thanks.

Without doubt my favourite white is Marlborough Sav Blanc. The best I have tasted comes it at around £12.99 a bottle :shock:

I have been fiddling around for yonks trying to replicate it, and this is the closest I have got to to it yet:

1 ltr WGJ
1ltr Pineapple - not from concentrate
1 ltr apple juice
700g sugar
pectolase
cup of strong tea
juice of 1 lemon
nutrient
GV9 Champagne Yeast
Juice (no pips) of 3 passion fruits

Put in apple juice, WGJ, inverted sugar and half the pinapple juice. top to just below the shoulder. All the usual suspects. When the initial ferment has calmed down add the remaining pineapple juice and top up as far as you dare. After another 2 days add the juice of the passion fruits, top to the neck and ferment out completely. This only took 12 days start to finish. Is bloody lovely even though only 1 week old. This wine can only get better :drunk:

Just put this together today. Used just normal wine yeast instead of champagne yeast. The SG seems abit high at 1106, but let's see how it goes..

Thank you I'm going to try it. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Mind you, I just did a WGJ wine and it's very good.

I've tried it twice. First time just used youngs super wine yeast and it was really good. Second time used champagne yeast and was not impressed. I've got 3 bottles left that's not been touched for 4 months so will try again.

Latest posts

Back