bacon sandwich

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one for Abey to try, bacon on a piece with peanut butter, marmite, jam and horseradish !!!

White or brown, thickness to match bacon (must not overide bacon taste) :nono:
Bacon...due to prices recently :shock: I've swapped over to smoked gammon, no need for 3 or 4 pieces, just one thick one, and it must have crispy fat...and you can get 2 butties from one steak :party:
Lastly, it has to be HP.

As an aside, having a Dutch father I was brought up on Rückenspeck butties, which translates to the fat part of the bacon with no meat involved...picture a dripping buttie with substance :lol: ...not had one for about 20 years...mainly due to the fact it's hard to get here :roll: ...I must try harder

alawlor66430 said:
Here's one for Abey to try, bacon on a piece with peanut butter, marmite, jam and horseradish !!!

Jam, don't you mean jelly.. :lol: :lol:

Not sure about your combination of condiments AW. :sick: Heinz Tomato sauce for me. Back smoked on a nice warm bap with dripping butter.

Granary smoked and brown. As long as I don't cook it I don't mind which way its cut.

White farmhouse, back bacon, smoked, red sauce, in my mouth.

Although it can vary.

I ought to stop really, have dripping on toast most mornings

Home made (or at least uncut) white crusty loaf, 2 slices, "proper" butter, at least 4 rashers of dry-cure bacon and a sensible amount of HP Guinness sauce.

I normally eat pretty healthily, so when I do a bacon butty I can afford (health-wise) to make it a treat!

Sadly I can no longer make my best-ever bacon piece because the farm shop upped sticks and moved to Scotland! Inconsiderate.

But it went something like:

Locally (less than a mile) bred and reared Gloucester old spot best back - smoked. Fried not grilled.
Home made crusty white.
Butter. Much butter.
Either HP or Heinz Tomato defined by whim, mood and the air currents caused by Bolivian butterflies.

dennisking said:
Not had a dripping sandwich, or dripping on toast for years, probably why I'm still alive.

Not had one in years. I remember my Grandad liked dripping sandwiches, made from the sunday joint dripping. He also liked tripe !!!! Unfortunately he died of a heart attack age 63. :hmm:

We normally have granary bread in the house, but I do hear decent white bread for a bacon butty.

So I go for granary bread, grilled smoked back (we only ever get it from the farm shop and you don't get that horrible foamy white salty water stuff oozing out, that wafer-thin supermarket stuff is rank), grilled tomato, grilled field mushroom, fried egg and brown sauce, cut in half for ease, with the obligatory mug of tea!

If I'm feeling posh though I'll go for bifana (a Portuguese breakfast Google it) washed down with espresso

bobsbeer said:
dennisking said:
Not had a dripping sandwich, or dripping on toast for years, probably why I'm still alive.

Not had one in years. I remember my Grandad liked dripping sandwiches, made from the sunday joint dripping. He also liked tripe !!!! Unfortunately he died of a heart attack age 63. :hmm:
On the rare occasion I cook chips I cook in beef dripping.
It's worth dying young I think.

bobsbeer said:
dennisking said:

My Nan was the same. She lived with us when I was a boy and she did exactly the same with the Sunday joint. She died at 87 and her sister who had a simular diet and smoked died at 92.

mmmm dripping on toast with salt and pepper not had it in years . saying that my local butcher sells 2 or 3 different types

What's this dripping you speak of, I wanted to ask that question a wee while ago but didn't want to look silly, but since everyone loves it and it has health risks involved it must be good.

Back