I don't understand some people

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fires in the garden just aren't for nice days that's the bit I'm not getting, if your gonna do it, do it once its later on and cooled down and people have the washing in and the windows closed, or do it on a shitty day, I've had many a fire on a rainy day, there needs to be some serious water falling to slow down an established fire, I don't see a problem with it as long as people are courteous when planning the fire.

alawlor66430 said:
Fires in the garden just aren't for nice days that's the bit I'm not getting, if your gonna do it, do it once its later on and cooled down and people have the washing in and the windows closed, or do it on a shitty day, I've had many a fire on a rainy day, there needs to be some serious water falling to slow down an established fire, I don't see a problem with it as long as people are courteous when planning the fire.

I'm with you there, Adam. There's nothing nicer, after a nice day when the sun's setting and it's getting a bit nippy, than to pour a dram and light the chimnea. Maybe toast a marshmallow or two (see the yanks aren't all bad... ;) ).

"Here's tae the Marshmallows! Slainte Mhath!"

Sorry, but theres one HELL of a difference to a BBQ or Chimanea in your garden and a bonfire which bellows thick acrid, eye burning, chokeing fog for yards an yards down the wind and affects probably 50 to a hundred residents not bothering anyone. Not every one is probably as considerate as you and I love toasted marshmallows and roast chestnuts in November btw.

Aye there's a definite difference, I wouldn't burn a couch or rubbish, just wood and paper to get it going.

:lol: That was the point I was making...

Getting the pit lit for a 10 hour low-n-slow smoking session isn't a problem either because it's mostly contained (that's kind of the point!) in the cooker and there's only a brief plume every hour or so as a new chimney of coals gets lit. And there is always a completely bombproof way to ensure that your neighbours only ever complain once...

..."Shut the f**k up and get round here for a pulled pork roll and a homebrew!!" :lol:

calumscott said:
:lol: That was the point I was making...

Getting the pit lit for a 10 hour low-n-slow smoking session isn't a problem either because it's mostly contained (that's kind of the point!) in the cooker and there's only a brief plume every hour or so as a new chimney of coals gets lit. And there is always a completely bombproof way to ensure that your neighbours only ever complain once...

..."Shut the f**k up and get round here for a pulled pork roll and a homebrew!!" :lol:
no one in their right mind would complain about that smell, even if the washing is out, I could just imagine all the lads saying "you smell like smoked meat" I'd just say "I know, it's nice eh"

Latest posts

Back