wooden floor or laminate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want engineered wood flooring but I'm saving the pennies and trying to resist just going for laminate, (I do like some of the laminate though) I'll probably take a trip to wicks as they have some nice wood flooring starting at around £25 psqm

alawlor66430 said:
I want engineered wood flooring but I'm saving the pennies and trying to resist just going for laminate, (I do like some of the laminate though) I'll probably take a trip to wicks as they have some nice wood flooring starting at around £25 psqm

Wickes regularly knock 25% off their flooring so make sure you wait for that deal to come round again (seems to be about every other month)

As with anything you get what you pay for

last year i wanted an Oak floor in the dining room, i looked at and research everything for price, quality and more importantly durability. The best thing (imho) is:

floating T&G pre coated with Danish oil 20mm Engineered Oak having Solid oak down to the tongue.

If you dont lay the click stuff perfectly flat it will squeak, glued T&G wont

If you buy thinner engineered oak and it chips you are already down to the veneer and you cant sand it out.

I laid mine on a thin underlay from B&Q with a quarter inch gap all round for expansion. cut down the skirting board and replaced over the floor so it looks neat at the edges.

The result is fantastic and i can sand it and recoat it several times it will last for years.
and the more knocks and scratches it get the better it looks

Its worth the £100 extra

Latest posts

Back