Low pressure regulators

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peebee

Out of Control
Reaction score
Anyone come across a regulator for applying very low CO2 pressures to kegs? I mean about 3-6 psi. I've tried these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120978476712?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
But 0-15psi is a fib, they're only good for 7.5-15psi.
I've also tried butane regulators but they are fixed at a tiny 30mbar (0.4psi) which is great until the beer goes completely flat after a day or so.

This is for working with a beer engine fitted with a "check valve" between engine and cask (they're not check valves at all, more like demand valves; and that was a revelation - so beer served with a hand pump has to be "real ale"... err, noooo :shock:).

Retailer on Ebay (context-pneumatic-supplies-cpm) sorted me out (at least partly) by making some practical suggestions about modifying the regulators he sent me (and his ad doesn't say "0-15psi" any longer): Might even try the mod to get regulating down to 3-4psi, but then again hindsight might convince me that I don't need it.

Back