Soda stream refill from up gas bottle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis88

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but I have a large co2 bottle from a pub and I also have a soda stream. I'm making a kegerstor but I don't have enough room to put the pub gads bottle in there. What would I need to be able to refill my soda stream bottle via my large pub style bottle. This would be ideal as the co2 could then be kept inside the kegerator making it much cleaner and neater.
-----
Edit title should read 'soda stream refill from pub gas bottle'

Last edited:
@Lewis88 did you ever get this to work? I am wondering the same thing, but with a keezer. I have a pub gas bottle but it won't fit unless I put a really big collar on, which then wouldn't fit where I want it to go. A soda stream would be ideal but at £16.99 a refill, it costs more than my pub gas bottle to fill.

Holy Necrothread batman!

I guess it depends how much beer they've had since it was posted in 2015, they might not remember! 😆😆😆😆😆

@AnimatedGIF I refill sodastream bottles with one of the chinese adapters, works fine, you just need to fill it with the big CO2 cylinder upside down so you fill the sodastream cylinder with liquid CO2 and not gas. Also put the sodastream cylinder in the freezer for an hour or so before hand.

Can you not store the larger CO2 cylinder outside the keezer and run the gas line in? I did this with a small shelf to hide the cylinder.
1595324143152.png

1595324179371.png

The front is on a hinge so I can get easy access. I use the sodastream cylinder to carbonate additional kegs in a large fridge in my utility room. I also use my sodastream a lot and the cylinder needed refilled about every 2 weeks which was a PITA so I bought a liner to connect it directly to another large CO2 cylinder, also hidden under the same shelf. This should last about 6-8 months between fills.

Thanks @xozzx !
I could store the CO2 outside. The only reason I wanted it inside is portaility. The freezer I am converting is on wheels and will mainly live under the stairs (accessible enough to pour a pint from) but wanted to be able to move it about for BBQs, parties and the like. It's not too much of a hardship to move the C02 also, but was just thinking of trying to make it a slick operation.
The benefit of having the tank outside is one I have considered though. My under-stairs cupboard is ideal temperature for ales, so can have a splitter and/or secondary reg to feed those sitting outside the keezer, then have a line in to the keezer to my lager. What I am worrying about with this is the regular (one/twice a month) disconnecting of the JG fittings, which doesn't sound like a good idea.
Basically, I think I want a perfect solution whereas an acceptable solution would be much easier.

Latest posts

Back