Malt Extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never used this but have seen it mentioned many times on the forum. I know they sometimes have a penny sales at H&B but saw this today. offer on until Christmas eve I think.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-malt-extract-60004303

I just had a look at the website and one of the reviews said.......

"8 of these makes the best 6 gals of beer you can make
with Fuggel and goldings hop s try it nice strong beer your mates will love it "

:thumb:

I just had a look at the website and one of the reviews said.......

"8 of these makes the best 6 gals of beer you can make
with Fuggel and goldings hop s try it nice strong beer your mates will love it "

Will be checking this out tomorrow and buying...:thumb:

Will be checking this out tomorrow and buying...:thumb:

Been to my local HAB and bought some.:thumb:
Also went to a newly opened Lidl and they've got wheat beer at £1.79 a chuck (500mL.).....and it's in brown swing top bottles!
I'm just getting back into brewing so some shop bought stuff is still needed and this is a bit of a bargain really. :)

I used to use these to boost beer kits: a couple of these boiled up with some hops, added to a Wilko bitter kit. Job done :thumb:

Hi, I have a Coopers Bitter Kit and was thinking of putting a jar of the H&B malt in with it. What hops would you suggest would go with this? I have never used any before as I am very new to this so something simple to start me off would be good. Thanks

Well the kit should already have all the bitterness required, so it is more the aroma hops that you will need. If you are going classic english then some Goldings, Fuggles, Challenger etc would work, or you could go for a punchy american, like Cascade.

Back