Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottle it cloudy it should clear whilst its carbing up, you wont get much taste priming with lowicz, it needs adding from the start as Roddy did.

Yes exactly, mine are always murky when I bottle up

This was the first time I used the syrup in with the primary ferment, I had previously just added it purely for priming, which although still gives it a hint of flavour doesn't give it the depth of flavour I found this time round

I'll be doing a raspberry lowicz from the start as soon as I can get to the nearest shop that sells it 7 miles away, and also when the 3 DJ's I have on kitchen worktops finish and give me room.
I also wanna do a straight apple juice one when I have space

I'll be doing a raspberry lowicz from the start as soon as I can get to the nearest shop that sells it 7 miles away, and also when the 3 DJ's I have on kitchen worktops finish and give me room.
I also wanna do a straight apple juice one when I have space

i was hoping it would clear in the bottle, i will post pics when i decide to try some.

as for shops that sell it, there probably about 100 miles away for me haha, have to get all my stuff from the tinternet or the local coop which is hopeless.

i'm doing a plain apple one the now with the addition of half a bramley apple, will also let you lot know how that turns out too.

Back in the game.....

25L of Cider popped on tonight

15L of Lidl vitafit
2 x 440ml Lowicz strawberry
1L strong tea (5 bag)
5tsp pectolase dissolved in some warm water
Juice of 6 fresh limes (one for you Mrc ☺)
Cider yeast with sweetener

Warmed 3L of aj and lowicz in pan until hot

Made up tea, left to stew

Emptied AJ into coopers FV
added hot AJ/lowicz
added tea
topped up to 25L with cold tap water
added lime juice
temp about 22deg
stirred in cider yeast with sweetener I got on ebay (thread on here somewhere)

Sg 1.040
intending to prime with another bottle of lowicz strawb, so est abv 6%

boom 😃

Do you prime each bottle as normal please?

So you put all ingredient in and just leave it ferment out is it?

yeh, everything goes in at the start, apart from the syrup I use for priming. I let it ferment out (my ciders always stop at 1.000), then rack to another bucket and mix in the syrup to prime with at that stage, then bottle immediately after.

The syrups come in a load of flavours, if you have a Polish shop nearby there're the best place to get them from, although regular supermarkets usually have a couple of flavours (cherry, raspberry, strawberry etc..)

yeh, everything goes in at the start, apart from the syrup I use for priming. I let it ferment out (my ciders always stop at 1.000), then rack to another bucket and mix in the syrup to prime with at that stage, then bottle immediately after.

The syrups come in a load of flavours, if you have a Polish shop nearby there're the best place to get them from, although regular supermarkets usually have a couple of flavours (cherry, raspberry, strawberry etc..)

Got a bit confused because you've got in your method that you heat up 3lt apple and the syrup at the start?

Aye, I put syrup in the primary ferment AND prime with it too 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aye, I put syrup in the primary ferment AND prime with it too 😀

Sounds really nice I'm going to give it a try cheers Roddy😃😃😃

How's your Microsoft Excel abilities matey ?

You can use this calculator if you like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9214IswqPyMcjNJMmtzSG1zd28/view?usp=drivesdk

Alternatively... if you tell me what juice you want to use, the quantity, what abv you want and how fizzy you want it...

I'll do a sheet for you 😎

I won't to use apple juice with about 5% abv and I like it fizzy but not to fizzy? And 25 lt fv

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9214IswqPyMbXFGR0RwZGVsd2s

19L of apple juice (that has around 11g of sugar per 100ml

1L strong tea

Top up with tap to 25L

5tsp pectolase dissolved in warm water

Cider yeast

300g sugar for priming after fermented out (dissolve in a pint of your finished cider, Warmed up

Bottle ������

Boom

Thanks Roddy

Back