hbc premium malt extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
Just looking on the hbc website and noticed they have "European premium pure 2 and 6 row premium liquid malt extract,no barley syrup" 1.5 kg for £5.95...
Any feed back on this?

Cheers

Clint

Used a can of this when I made the Coopers Family Secret kit that I currently have maturing.

The feedback on the Coopers kit itself wasn't great so combined with this it could be pretty underwhelming. Haven't tasted it yet but it's my next draught beer after the Wherry has gone. Might have to have a little snifter.

You'll see my comments in the linked thread. Also used it to supplement a Coopers kit, didn't turn out nice. Wouldn't recommend it - some things are just cheap for a reason.

So I've started on the Cooper's Family Secret (with the HBC LME), it's a bit underwhelming, no undrinkable but it's just lacking in body. Possibly a bit of a waste of the 50g of EKG I tried to enhance it with. Having finished a Wherry to move onto this the Wherry would knock spots off of this one.

Never mind, it's good to try these things even if only the once. Just got to plough through the 38 pints that are left!

Latest posts

Back